Access allows the report designer to share the report with other Arcoro users, granting various levels of rights to view and modify the report via Access Rights. Designers can apply access rights to everyone, specific users, by role.
View an Access Share
- Open the Design options for a report
- Click Access in the left menu
- The Share With section displays each defined share and its respective access rights. There are three different types of shares: Role, User and Everyone. When a Role type is selected, one or more roles is included in the share definition. When a User type is selected, one or more users is included in the share definition. The designer may grant view and edit rights using the Assigned Rights.
Add an Access Share
- Click Add Sharing, located above the Share With Notice a new blank line added to the Share With section.
- Click the dropdown arrow, located under Share With, and select the type of user group to share with: Everyone, Role, or User. Note that global reports are shared with Everyone, and this option cannot be changed.
- Select one or more roles or users (not applicable for Everyone option) by clicking the plus icon of the Select.
- In the pop-up window, check the desired roles or users. If desired, type a partial name into the search box and click the search icon (🔍). Click OK to close the pop-up window.
- Select one Access Right from the dropdown. See details of each option in table below.
Access Right options:
Interact with shared report Full Access Quick Edit Save As Locked View Only No Access View the report with filter interaction ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ❌ ✔️ ❌ View the report with NO filter interaction ❌ ❌ ❌ ✔️ ❌ ❌ Modify the report in Quick Edit mode ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ❌ ❌ ❌ Modify the report in Report Designer ✔️ ❌ ✔️ ❌ ❌ ❌ Save changes in the report ✔️ ❌ ❌ ❌ ❌ ❌ Save As changes in the report ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ❌ ❌ ❌
- Click Save at the top to save changes in the Share With
Delete an Access Share
- To delete a share, click the delete icon (x) located in the Action column at the end of that row.
- To remove multiple shares at once, click the checkbox in front of each row, then click the Remove Selected icon.