Additional Help Topics
If enabled, you can approve your time card right from ExakTime Mobile.
Internet Access and having hours on your time card are required to approve your time card from ExakTime Mobile. If you do not have mobile data/Wi-Fi or a blank time card, you cannot approve your time card from ExakTime Mobile.
Approve a Complete Time Card Only
You should only approve at the end of the pay period or as instructed by your ExakTime administrator. Approving your time card before your pay period ends, such as in the middle of a work week, can result in time records made after your approval not appearing on your time card. While the records are not lost, approving your time card prematurely can result in an incomplete time card and can delay any of your company's policies/procedures.
- Press the ≡ button in the top left of ExakTime Mobile and press Approvals from the menu.
- The Approvals page will show like the below example where you can review the hours of your time card, a button to approve your time card, if there are any other approvals, and any potential time card problems.
- If there are any exceptions on your time card, you will see a list of your time card problems. If there are any issues, you should contact the ExakTime Administrator through company-approved channels to make the necessary corrections/adjustments.
- Press Details to view a breakdown of your hours. Tap the ⌄ icon to show the time records for the day. The red exclamation icon will indicate if there are any issues for the day or record.
- Press the Approve button if everything appears correct to you. Depending on other settings, may be presented with an additional message and/or signature field.
- The "Approve" button will not be available if the time card is blank and/or if you are not allowed to approve a time card with exceptions (e.g. incomplete time records or overlapping time records).
- After your time card has been approved, you will see the words "Employee Approved" in green toward the top left and the "Approve" button will become an "Unapprove" button. Tap Unapprove if you need to unapprove your time card.
- You cannot "Unapprove" your time card if it has been approved by a supervisor or signed-off by an Administrator. You must speak with your supervisor or Administrator for assistance with removing approvals.