When setting up ExakTime Mobile, you may encounter the following message if the company setup code is incorrect:
Error 109: Company Setup Code not found.
Please contact your office for assistance.
You can troubleshoot the error with the steps provided below.
Double-Check the Code Has Not Expired
If the company setup code was sent from the prior week, it is possible that the company setup code has expired and the current company setup code should be provided.
Confirm the Code is Correct
Double-check that the correct code is being entered. It is not uncommon for the employee entering the code to misread/misenter a letter or number. If the employee is copying/pasting the company setup code from a text message, it may help to make sure that the company setup code is correctly being pasted.
Reinstall ExakTime Mobile
Try reinstalling ExakTime Mobile in the event that initial installation resulted in unexpected behaviour. If you are unfamiliar with uninstalling ExakTime Mobile on iOS or Android, you can use any of the steps listed below:
If the employee is using an iPhone or iPad, the employee would simply uninstall ExakTime Mobile.
- Press and hold down on the ExakTime Mobile icon until the icons begin to wiggle.
- Press the X icon that appears.
- Press the Home button so the icons stop wiggling.
- Go to the App Store and redownload ExakTime Mobile.
If the employee is using an Android device, they will need to first clear/delete the data for ExakTime Mobile. Android tends to keep the data after an app has been uninstalled so if it is ever installed again, it will use the previous data for quicker setup.
The steps below may differ depending on the age and manufacturer of the device. Despite this, the idea is still the same. The data for ExakTime Mobile will need to be cleared/deleted before you can set it up for another ExakTime Connect account.
- Go to the Settings of the device.
- Go to Apps or Applications.
- Go to ExakTime Mobile.
- Press Clear Data and skip the next step. If you do not see "Clear Data", look for and press Storage and go to the next step.
- Press Clear Data. You may receive a warning that all of the applications' data will be deleted permanently such as files, settings, accounts, databases, etc. Press OK to proceed.
- Open ExakTime Mobile and set it up with your Company Setup Code.
Try the Company Setup Code on Another Device
If possible, try to use the company setup code on another copy of ExakTime Mobile. If the company setup code is working on another copy of ExakTime Mobile, then it points to the original device having trouble.
If you are still having trouble with the company setup code not working to set up ExakTime Mobile, please contact us with the "Request Support" link at the top of the Support Central page.