Importing employees allows you to quickly get an influx of new employees up and running with learning plans, courses, evaluations, and more.
- Click Account Admin
- You should see the People page initially.
Fields for Importing
Available Fields for Importing
|User Fields||See below for descriptions of all fields used for importing users.|
|Last Name||Last Name of employee.|
|First Name||First Name of employee.|
|Display Name||Also referred to as Preferred Name. If none, or do not have this information, use First Name.|
|Work Phone, Home Phone, Mobile Phone||Employee's respective phone numbers.|
|Hire Date||Hire can be used for assigning Evaluations.|
|Termination Date||Used for historical purposes and records.|
|Next Evaluation Date||Use this to assign individual evaluation dates if hire date or 1 custom date for all users is not used for scheduling evaluations.|
|Last Raise Date||If populated, only viewable by the manager of the employee and an administrator of the Talent System.|
|Last Raise Amount||If populated, only viewable by the manager of the employee and an administrator of the Talent System.|
|Last Promotion Date||Can be used for assigning evaluations.|
|Gender||Use values or: Male / Female|
|Ethnicity||The available ethnicities to use are:
|SSO Username||Used only when SSO has been purchased and is part of the contract. Contact your Implementation Specialist or Account Manager for more information.|
Required Fields for Importing
- First Name
- Last Name
- Display Name
- Username (needs to be unique, example: email address)
- Email (this does not have to be unique)
- Hire Date
- *Job Code
- Manager Role
Asterisk (*) indicates fields that must be populated PRIOR to importing employees into the system. All items can be changed/edited after the import is complete. All employees added will have the default "Employee" role assigned to them automatically.
Manager role is assigned via the import for those with 'Manager Role' marked as True. All other roles are assigned manually. See Roles for more details.
How to Import Employees
- Fill out the attached template. For information about the given fields, refer to the information above: Import Template.
- From the People page, click Import...
- Click Choose File. Then click Upload.
- Once the file has been uploaded, it will indicate if the data for the employee is valid. If the employee is new, they will be labeled as "Add User". If the employee already exists, they will be labeled as "Update User". If the employee is "Invalid" their data will need to be updated/corrected.
- You can make corrections/edits to an employee import by clicking Edit for any employee entry.
- Edit the employee entry as needed. Any fields highlighted in red must be updated. When finished, click Update.
- When ready to import the employees, click Save.