Multi-factor authentication is an additional security option that requires additional information/hardware beyond their username and password. In the case of Core HR, we utilize a third-party Authenticator app where a new 6-digit security code is generated every 30 seconds that the user would need to enter in addition to their username and password. If you do not have enough time to enter a security code, you can wait for the next security code to be generated to enter. Each security code is used only once.
- After signing in, you will be prompted to set up multi-factor authentication for increased security when signing in to the software. If you do not already have an Authenticator installed, download the appropriate application onto your Android/iOS device. When ready, click Recovery Codes.
- You will be prompted with several recovery codes to use if you are unable to use your Authenticator app. Save these codes in a safe location(s). Click Configure Authenticator.
- With the Authenticator app on your phone, scan the QR code or enter the key below the QR code. If successful, you will receive a verification code. Enter the verification code into the appropriate Verification Code field and click Verify.
- If successful, you will receive the below message. Return to the login page to sign in.
- From this point forward when signing in to the software, you will be prompted to verify your identity by entering the code that has been generated on your Authenticator app after signing in with your username and password.