As reports allow users to view various information such as time cards and employee information, you may need to limit what an employee has access to depending on their role at your company.
By default, Administrators will have complete access to reports which cannot be taken away, while all other roles can be limited as to what they can access.
Creating/Editing a Security Role
- Go to Manage and click Security Roles.
- Click the ExakTime Connect tab.
- Add a new security role or select an existing role.
- Scroll down towards the "Reports" section of the ExakTime Connect permissions on the right-hand side. Either enable access to all reports or specify the reports the user should have access to.
- Save your changes when finished.
Assigning the Security Role
- Go to Manage and go to Employees.
- Click the "Edit" icon (blue pencil) to the left of the employee's name.
- Scroll downwards toward the Security Roles section and specify the ExakTime Connect Security Role with the drop-down menu. If the employee does not already have access to ExakTime Connect, enter the employee's username and email.
- We advise using the employee's work email as their username. If the employee uses other Arcoro modules (Application Tracking System, Onboarding, etc.), then the username should match the usernames as entered in for the other modules.
- Only administrators can add another administrator to ExakTime Connect. The "Administrator" role will not be listed in the drop-down menu for non-administrators.
- Click Save when finished.
- If the employee does not already have access to ExakTime Connect, they receive an email with a link to verify their email address and create their password. This email is valid for 72-hours. If the employee is unable to verify their email address, you will need to resend the verification email. If you are unsure how to do this, you can refer to How to Resend a Verification Email.