To help focus our efforts and support for ExakTime Mobile, only the following versions of the iOS and Android operating systems will be supported moving forward from ExakTime Mobile version 2.79 and will be the focus of our development.
- iOS: The latest public version and up to one previous version.
- Android: The latest public version and up to two previous versions.
Table of Contents
- Current OS & ExakTime Mobile Version
- Checking iOS or Android Version
- Checking Android Version
- Checking ExakTime Mobile Version
- What about devices already in use?
- What about new users with an old operating system?
- What if I can't update ExakTime Mobile?
Current OS & ExakTime Mobile Version
As of August 2022, the latest version of:
- iOS is version 16.
- Android is version 13.
As of October 2022, the latest version of ExakTime Mobile is 2.85.
Checking iOS or Android Version
Checking iOS Version
- Go to Settings, press General, the press About.
- The iOS version should be listed under "Software Version".
Checking Android Version
- Go to Settings, press About Phone, and press Software Information.
- The Android version should be listed under "Android Version".
How to Update iOS or Android
- Go to Settings, press General, then press Software Update.
- Press Install Now.
- If you see Download and Install instead, press it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.
- If you see two software update options available, choose the one that you want to install.
The steps for updating Android can differ depending on the Android version and manufacturer, but should provide general idea of what to do.
- Go to Settings, press System or System Update.
- Press Download and Install.
Checking ExakTime Mobile Version
The easiest way to check your current ExakTime Mobile version is through the app itself.
- Tap the three lines ☰ in the top left of ExakTime Mobile and press Support.
- The ExakTime Mobile version should be listed towards the bottom.
What about devices already in use?
If you or your employees are already using ExakTime Mobile on older operating systems than what is listed above, those copies of ExakTime Mobile may still work but are not guaranteed for the future. Those copies of ExakTime Mobile will also not receive any updates until you update the operating system to the latest supported version(s).
What about new users with an old operating system?
- For Android users with older versions of the Android operating system that are new to ExakTime Mobile, they will only be able to install the latest compatible version of ExakTime Mobile for their operating system version.
- For iOS users with older versions of iOS that are new to ExakTime Mobile, they will not be able to install ExakTime Mobile until they have updated iOS to the latest supported version(s).
What if I can't update ExakTime Mobile?
If you are unable to update ExakTime Mobile to the latest version, check if your OS is on the latest version. If you are unable to update your device to a compatible version, then it may be best to begin using a new device that has a compatible OS version. This will not only allow you to use the latest version of ExakTime Mobile, but will also allow your device to have the latest security features.