Excerpt From An Article
This article is an excerpt from a more comprehensive article: Complete Guide to Schedules
If you do not see Schedules in the menu bar, you may have to refresh the page or log out and log back in.
Managing Your Schedules
Click onand click .
- A. Employee or Location List (depending on if you have selected "Schedule Locations" or "Schedule Employees.")
- Schedule Locations: Used to schedule employees for a location.
- Schedule Employees: Used to schedule locations for an employee.
- B. Add Shift: Add a new shift with a date, start time/end time, employee(s), location and cost code.
- C. Employee/Location Filter (depending on if you have selected "Schedule Locations" or "Schedule Employees."): Filter what you are viewing on the scheduling grid. Only one employee/location can be viewed at a time.
- D. Scheduling Grid: Review what has been scheduled for employees and add a new shift by dragging and dropping. Under the location name will be the time zone, start, and end time for a location. Any section that contains gray hatch marks show times outside of the start/end time of a location.
- E. Date Range
Clicking on a shift will show relevant detail and options to delete/edit a shift.
Adding a Shift
- Specify when the shift begins and ends.
- If this is an All Day Event, enable it as needed.
- If this is a recurring shift, enable it and specify the frequency with daily, weekly, bi-weekly, and an end date.
- Specify the employee(s) that will be receiving this shift. You can use the employee selector or drag and drop the employee from the employee list if "Schedule Locations" is selected.
- Specify the location that will be associated to this shift. You can use the location selector or drag and drop the location from the location list if "Schedule Employees" is selected.
- Specify the cost code that is expected to be used during the shift.
- Click when finished.
Editing/Deleting a Shift
- Any shift can be edited or deleted by clicking on it from the schedules grid to show the shift details. Clicking
- If you are editing a recurring shift, you can edit either the single occurrence or all occurrences.
- If you are deleting a recurring shift, you can delete either the select shift, the entire series, or the current and all future occurrences.
- You can also click and drag the handles on the sides of a shift to increase/decrease the time frame.
With Drag N Drop, you can:
- Drag and add a shift to an employee or location. (Defaults to an hourly increment)
- Drag employees/locations into the employee/location field for quick selection when adding/editing a shift.
- Drag and add employees into an existing shift.