Excerpt From An Article
This article is an excerpt from a more comprehensive article: Complete Guide to Schedules
With Schedule Notifications, you can send an email or text to employees and/or managers for items such as upcoming shifts, when you're late for a shift, etc. up to 60 minutes before or after a shift. By default, this is set to 15 minutes. These notification settings will also dictate who appears in the Today's Schedule page.
Please Note: A user is considered a manager if the user has scheduled employees in their viewset AND they are not set to view All Employees. If a user is set to view all employees, they will not receive any notifications. For additional information regarding employee viewsets, you can refer to the following article: Employee Viewsets
- Go to
- Specify the type of notification(s) to send: Email or SMS.
SMS in USA Only
To receive an SMS message, the employee must have a valid US-based mobile phone number.
At this time, SMS notifications are supported in the USA.
- The options available to send notifications are:
- To employees X minutes before the start of a scheduled shift.
- To employees X minutes after their schedule has started.
- To managers X minutes after an employee's scheduled shift has started.
- To managers X minutes after a scheduled shift has ended.
- To managers when an employee clocks in at the wrong scheduled location.
- To managers when an employee has clocked in X minutes before a scheduled shift has started.
- To managers X minutes after the last scheduled shift for the day has ended.
- Click when finished.