Excerpt From An Article
This article is an excerpt from a more complete article: Setting up your ZK Time Clock
Understanding your Time Clock
- Keypad/Function Pad
- M - Manager Key. Used to confirm selections.
- F1-F4 - Function Keys. Used to switch between the Clock-In and Clock-Out functions once your Time Clock has been set up. (Break-In and Break-Out can be functions is enabled.)
- Arrow Keys - Used to navigate the menu of the Time Clock.
- ESC - Escape the current menu.
- Indicator Light
- Fingerprint Scanner
A default user is pre-loaded onto your Time Clock.
- User ID: 1
- Pass: 998899
Accessing the Admin Menu
- When you first turn on your Time Clock, you will see a screen similar to below that will be used by your employees to clock in/out.
- To access the admin menu, press M button on the keypad. You will see a lock icon and a "Please verify" message.
- Press 1 on the keypad for your User ID and press M.
- When prompted for the password, press 998899 and press M.
- You should see the Main Menu that looks similar to below.
- If you do not interact with the device within a pre-determined time, the Time Clock will exit the main menu and return to the initial Clock In screen shown in the first step.
- You can also extend the Menu Screen Timeout by going to: Personalize > User Interface > Menu Screen Timeout(s) > Select the desired time in seconds.
The next article is Configuring Local Network Settings