Employees/users can be added through any of the following methods:
We have detailed options 1 and 2 below.
- Click Account Admin
- You should see the People page initially.
The People page will show all of your employees and user accounts.
The columns presented are:
- Active status
- Employee ID
- Manager (Direct Manager)
- Company Location
To view your inactive employees, click the checkbox in the top left of the table labeled "View Inactive".
Clicking the column header allows you to sort the list of employees/users.
The column headers include a text field to filter the employees/users list.
Adding People Manually
- Click New Item....
- Fill in the required fields for the new entry:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Hire Date
- Employee ID
- Job Code
- Click Save when finished.
Available Fields for Importing
|User Fields||See below for descriptions of all fields used for importing users.|
|Last Name||Last Name of employee.|
|First Name||First Name of employee.|
|Display Name||Also referred to as Preferred Name. If none, or do not have this information, use First Name.|
|Work Phone, Home Phone, Mobile Phone||Employee's respective phone numbers.|
|Employee ID||The employee ID is typically generated from an HRIS system. If not using an HRIS integration, establish an employee ID format. For example, email address, first name and last name (bobsmith), etc.|
|Job Code||Use for assigning Training and Evaluations. Must match the Code in the Talent System, not the Title, Description, or Position Code.|
|Username||This will be used by all users to login to the system. We strongly suggest using email address as their username. If you are using SSO, this value should simply be populated with email address.|
|Manager||Direct Manager for employee. Format can be Username or First Name Last Name. Note: Username is recommended for companies that may have employees with the same name|
|Hire Date||Hire can be used for assigning Evaluations.|
|Termination Date||Used for historical purposes and records.|
|Next Evaluation Date||Use this to assign individual evaluation dates if hire date or 1 custom date for all users is not used for scheduling evaluations.|
|Salary||If populated, only viewable by the manager of the employee and an administrator of the Talent System.|
|Last Raise Date||If populated, only viewable by the manager of the employee and an administrator of the Talent System.|
|Department||Used for organizing users & reporting. Must match Department Name in the Talent System, not Department Number.|
|Last Raise Amount||If populated, only viewable by the manager of the employee and an administrator of the Talent System.|
|Last Promotion Date||Can be used for assigning evaluations.|
|Location||Location the employee is working at or reporting into. Must match the Location Name in the Talent System.|
|Gender||Use values or: Male / Female|
|Active||Use value of 1, TRUE, or YES to make a user active; Use value of 0, FALSE, or NO to make a user inactive. Active status allows user to receive notifications and appear in lists to be assigned training and evaluations. Inactive status removes notifications and user will not appear in lists to be assigned training and evaluations. Note: Users can be made active/inactive with turnover or rehire|
|Manager Role||TRUE value for managers. FALSE value for non-managers.|
|SSO Username||Used only when SSO has been purchased and is part of the contract. Contact your Implementation Specialist or Account Manager for more information.|
|Groups||A column will be added for each group to be assigned. The value within the cell for each employee will be TRUE/FALSE, YES/NO, 1/0. A user can be assigned to multiple groups. The header will be Group-Group Code (value from the system). If you have multiple groups, create a new column heading for each group and follow the same rules.|
Required Fields for Importing
- First Name
- Last Name
- Display Name
- Username (needs to be unique, example: email address)
- Email (this does not have to be unique)
- Hire Date
- *Job Code
- *Groups (Not Required)
- *Departments (Not Required)
- Manager Role
Asterisk (*) indicates fields that must be populated PRIOR to importing employees into the system. All items can be changed/edited after the import is complete. All employees added will have the default "Employee" role assigned to them automatically.
Manager role is assigned via the import for those with 'Manager Role' marked as True. All other roles are assigned manually. See Roles for more details.
How to Import Employees
- Fill out the attached template. For information about the given fields, refer to the inforamtion above: Import Template
- From the People page, click Import...
- Click Choose File. Then click Upload.
- Once the file has been uploaded, it will indicate if the data for the employee is valid. If the employee is new, they will be labeled as "Add User". If the employee already exists, they will be labeled as "Update User". If the employee is "Invalid" their data will need to be updated/corrected.
- You can make corrections/edits to an employee import by clicking Edit for any employee entry.
- Edit the employee entry as needed. Any fields highlighted in red must be updated. When finished, click Update.
- When ready to import the employees, click Save.
Editing an Employee
- On the People page, click Edit to the left of any employee to edit their information.
- You will be taken to the Employee profile. Update their profile as needed.
- Click Save.
Deleting an Employee
- On the People page, click Delete to the left of any employee.
- You will see a confirmation modal. Click OK.