As SyncLinx has multiple functions, we have listed out the best practices for basic use of importing new entities.
Select the Type of Entity to Import/Update/Deactivate
Click the appropriate entity type to import new entities. The type of entities that can be imported will be dependent on the application SyncLinx is connecting to.
The common entities have been listed below, but you may have additional options:
- Get Employees
- Get Locations
- Get Cost Codes
Depending on other settings in SyncLinx, you may need to import the information in a specific order.
- E.G. If you have Location/Cost Code Viewsets enabled, any new cost codes must be imported first, so when the locations are imported, the cost codes will be viewsetted.
Select the Entities to Import
- At the top of the application will be entities that not yet been imported or ignored. Towards the right of any entity will be two buttons, import and ignore. Click the option that you want to perform: Import or Ignore. If you do not want to do either, you can skip the entity and come back later.
- Depending on the number of entities, it may be best to import or ignore what you need first, then doing the other function. It's much easier to import the locations you need first, then ignoring the rest in a separate import or vice-versa.
- An entity will be available for import if the name and ID combination does not exist in ExakTime Connect. If the ID and/or name are changed for an existing entity in ExakTime Connect that was previously imported via SyncLinx, SyncLinx will see the updated entity as being brand new. For example:
- Location "Jon's Deli" is imported.
- Location name in ExakTime Connect is changed to "John's Deli"
- If the name was not updated in the third-party application as well, SyncLinx will see it at as new entity to import.
- Any entity that was imported will appear in the window to the middle-left under "Already in TimeSummit/ExakTime."
- Any entity that was ignored will appear in the window to the middle-right under "Ignored in Import."
- Any entity that was not imported or ignored will stay in the window to the top under "(Application Name) Employees/Locations/Cost Codes."
- After the import has completed, you can see the imported entity on the appropriate pages of ExakTime Connect.