As you begin your Open Enrollment process, it is very important to identify changes in your current benefits package. By reviewing your current package details and identifying changes, you will be able to better organize yourself in making updates for the upcoming open enrollment period.
Prior to Open Enrollment Configuration
As you begin your Open Enrollment process, it is very important to identify changes in your current benefits package. By reviewing your current package details and identifying changes, you will be able to better organize yourself in making updates for the upcoming open enrollment period. The following article goes over the reports that can help if reviewed prior to Open Enrollment.
Recommended Steps for Open Enrollment Configuration
The Steps identified below are meant to serve as a checklist for configuring your upcoming package for Open Enrollment. These steps are reviewed in detail in the pages that follow. We have also identified a few important questions to ask yourself, as you begin the OE configuration process, to highlight potential action items and/or changes needed.
- Clearing Alerts
- Update Pay Schedules
- Duplicate Benefit Package
- Update Carriers
- Review, Update and/or Add Benefits/Plans
- Create a Rollover Mapping
- Create Benefit Records using Rollover Mapping
- Test Open Enrollment Event
- Creating Open Enrollment Window for Eligible Employees
- Open Enrollment Event Monitoring and Reports
Important Questions to Ask
Important questions to ask prior to OE to identify action items or changes needed:
- Do you have Carrier Changes for the upcoming benefits package?
- If so, you will need new carrier contact info (Carrier Name, Contact Name, Phone, Email)
- Are you adding benefits? Are you adding plans?
- Are there any significant plan changes?
- Which plans will have premium changes?
- Will you have compensation updates on or before the start of the new package?
- If so, a compensation import/update will need to be completed prior to Creating Benefit Records.
Important Items to Review
Important items to review for accuracy in your Benefit Structure to make sure the settings in the system are correct prior to OE:
- Package & Benefit Cycles (date ranges)
- Package, Benefit & Plan Eligibility Rules
- Package & Benefit Waiting Period Rules
- Annual Rates for regular and age banded benefits that are not changing
- Evidence of Insurability Rules
- Age Reductions
- Cap amounts for compensation-based benefits
- Benefit Dependencies
- Minimum and Maximum amounts for contribution-based benefits
- Dependent Age-out rules set for plans