When administering your Core HR system, you may need to review what has been previously imported or exported. You can review either of these through File History.
Import File History
Import File History provides a history of imports completed either via a standard import or a scheduled import.
Navigating to Import File History
- Import File History can be found from the Menu by expanding Data, expanding Imports, then clicking Standard.
- Click the File History tab.
File History Tab
Use the Filter Icon to adjust the date range displayed in the table to create a date range using the Start and End Dates.
The columns shown are:
- Import Date - notes the date and time the import was completed
- The date stamp is in Mountain Standard Time due to the location of the Core HR servers.
- File Name - notes the name of the file imported
- Import Type - notes the type of import completed (ie: employee, time off transactions, etc)
- Records Imported - notes the number of records impacted by an import
- Errors - notes how many errors, if any, occurred during the import
- View File - File imported is stored here, and can be referred to by clicking the hyperlink
- View Errors - Provides a list of the errors experienced, and what row they are associated with
- Hovering over the 'information' icon will give you additional details about the file.
Using the checkboxes to the right of the files, along with the Action dropdown, allows you to delete certain import files. This typically is not recommended unless the file completely failed, and no records were imported. Otherwise, keeping the history of imported information is typically recommended.
Export File History
Export History displays all the exports that have successfully been executed, either manually or on a schedule, over the past thirty days. This allows users to see all exports regardless of export category in one screen instead of by a single category.
Navigating to Export File History
Export File History can be found from the Menu by expanding Data, expanding Exports, then clicking History.
Export File History
If you would like to view the exports from a different time frame, the filter icon can be used to set a Start and End Date.
- Export - The name of the Export.
- Export Date - The Date the export was executed.
- Data Type - The Data Type selected on the Properties Tab.
- Export Format - Indicates if the export is a Full or Change file.
- Executed By - Will list the name of the administrator or if run on a schedule, System Process will be listed.
- View File - Click the Open link to view the file.
- # Employees - This is the number of employees in the file. Depending on the file, this may not be the number of records in the file.
- When in test mode it will display the # of Employees as zero.
- Rollback Change Log - This option will update the change log records back to a Pending status.
- Use this option when a file that reset the change log (setting on Properties Tab) needs to be re-run.
- For example, if a carrier file needs to be re-submitted due to a Carrier error.
- *If an export that resets the change log is not rolled back, the changes may not be included in subsequent files, especially termination records.