The State Tax screen houses state tax information for the employee. From here the State Tax information can be added, viewed or edited.
Before the State Tax feature can be utilized, you must first turn on State Tax Info under Setup > Setup Properties of the Administration Portal. Expand Employee Portal Setup and click on Employee Portal. Click on the tab Quick Links. Check the box for State Tax Info. To configure click on Configure State Tax Info Settings.
Before the State Tax feature can be utilized, you must first turn on State Tax Info by:
- Expand the Menu
- Click Setup
- Click Setup Properties
- Hover over Employee Portal Setup
- Click on Employee Portal
- Click on the Quick Links tab
- Check the box for State Tax Info
- Click Configure State Tax Info Settings
Creating a State Tax Record
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Create State Tax Record.
- Fill in relevant federal tax information. Any fields marked in Red are required.
- Enter Start Date
- Enter End Date
- Select Income Tax Filing State
- Select Unemployment Filing State
- Select Year
- Select Filing Status
- Enter Allowances
- Select Percentage Withholding
- Enter Additional Withholding
- Select if Exempt from State Tax
- Enter State Tax Overrides (Optional)
- Override Flat Amount
- Override Percentage
- Click Add Record when finished.