Groups are used in the LMS only for assigning courses, learning plans, and catalog restrictions to a "group(s)" of employees. This is a great way to segregate and select who should be assigned to something, a multi-select option is available.
- From Talent Management, click Account Admin from the menu near the top-right.
- Click Company Setup to open the menu, then click Groups.
The Groups page will show columns for:
- Group Name
- Group Code
- # of employees part of the Group
- Status of the Group
Clicking the column header for the group name or group code will let you sort the list.
Clicking the Yes/No toggle for "Show Inactive" will let the list display only Active groups or Active and Inactive Groups.
Adding a New Group
- Click Add Group.
- Fill out the fields for the group (* - Required):
- Group Name* - The name is seen in drop-down menus.
- Group Code* - The group code cannot have any spaces.
- Add assigned employees from the employee picker. Multiple employees can be selected when doing so.
- Click Save.
Editing a Group/Setting Group to Inactive/Active
- Click the ... button.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the fields for the group. For more information about the fields, you can refer to Adding a New Group
- Use the Inactive/Active option in the top-right. Making a group inactive will prevent it from being used as an assignment criterion in future assignments. Assignments that have already been assigned using that group will be upheld. If a group is re-activated, it will be available for assignments again.
- Click Save.