The New Hire Experience must be activated by Arcoro. Contact your Account Manager if you would like to take advantage of customizing the New Hire Experience for your account.
System administrators can customize the new hire experience with company-specific branding, messaging, and materials. Once the custom new hire experience has been enabled by Arcoro, a new tab appears in the onboarding administration menu titled New Hire Experience. From the new hire experience tab, administrators can add their company name, add a company photo and customized welcome message, embed a video, and upload documents for the new hire to view.
All information added to the New Hire Experience tab in the administration area translates to corresponding areas on the New Hire Landing Page, which all new hires encounter before starting their onboarding paperwork.
After completing their new hire paperwork, new hires will be able to continue to access the New Hire Landing Page to review any materials there.
- While viewing the Onboarding module, click Administration from the top menu bar.
- Click the New Hire Experience tab.
When you arrive at the New Hire Experience, you will see fields to customize what the employee can see/download while Onboarding.
From here, you can add:
- Add new text for messages.
- Upload photos.
- Upload documents.
- Enter the code for a hosted video.
An example of a customized welcome page is shown below:
If the new hire were to try to go through Onboarding on their phone, it will appear like below:
How to Edit and Save Your Changes
When editing the text in any of the available fields, the Cancel and Save buttons will appear for you to click.
New Hire Paperwork
Administrators can add a customized message to display for the New Hire on the last page of the New Hire Paperwork, indicating successful completion of onboarding.
The custom message can be up to 255 characters and will appear under the “Complete” step of the Onboarding process under the checkmark icon. This message can include instructions for the next steps, reminders for the New Hire’s first day, or any other information the HR team would like to communicate at the end of the Onboarding process.
New Hire Landing Page
Enter a short message to display on the new hire landing page. This message will welcome your new employees to your company.
This video will welcome your new employees and should showcase your company's culture.
- Upload the video file to a video/media hosting platform (such as YouTube). Videos are not stored on the Arcoro servers.
- After uploading, copy the full video embed code, often provided as 'Share' or 'Embed' options.
- Return to the Onboarding "New Hire Experience" page. Paste the full video embed code (including script tags) into the "Add Video" section in the "Enter Embed Code" field. For example:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C0DPdy98e4c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Click Save when finished.
The company name entered here will appear above the Dashboard image.
From the "Company Information" section, click the Upload button to upload an image. The Dashboard image is responsive and scales to fit in the browser area. See tips below when selecting and uploading your image.
- Pixel-perfect images should be avoided, as well as images that contain text or graphics. Image clipping can/will occur.
- If 'Welcome Message' text is placed over the background image (in the upper left), choose an image with dark background in the upper left corner so the text will be readable.
- The minimum height is 315px. The length stretches by the size of the screen (responsive), so select an image that is horizontal or 2.5:1 ratio.
- A good recommendation size/scale is 600px wide by 145px tall (limit is 744px wide by 298px tall).
- This image should be a JPEG or PNG.
Upload PDF documents to display on the new hire landing page by clicking the Upload button. These documents should provide additional information about your company to new hires.
- There is no limit to the number of documents that can be uploaded.
- Files can be up to 100mb (per document).
- To Delete or View these documents, press the ... button to the right and click the appropriate option.