Goals can be created by an employee and managed from the My Goals page. Comments can be entered for goals to keep track of progress and files can be attached.
Click My Goals from the top menu bar from the Performance module.
The "My Goals" page will list any existing goals you have.
The page will have columns for:
- Goal Name
- Goal Description
- Start Date
- End Date
- Due Date
Show Completed Goals - Use the "No/Yes" toggle towards the top-right to view completed goals as well as your "pending" and "incomplete" goals.
Adding a New Goal
- Click Add New from the "My Goals" page.
- Set up your goal.
- Name (Required) - The goal name and description can be the same. The best practice is to for the name and description to be different as both will appear in the Evaluations if the option "Include current goals" is selected.
- Require Step Tracking - If enabled, this will allow you to add steps to the goal including due dates for each step.
If "Step Tracking" has been enabled, an additional section will be available towards the bottom of the goal.
- Do steps have to be completed in order? - If enabled, the steps must be completed as they are listed here. If not enabled, the employee/manager can complete the steps in any order.
- Add Step - Add a new step and enter a name for the step.
- - Click and drag these handles to reorder the steps.
- - Click to delete a step. There is no confirmation when deleting a step.
- Description (Required) - The description field will show populate into evaluations if the option to "Include current goals" is selected.
- Start Date & End Date (Required) - If the Evaluation Assignment date is between the goal start date and due date, the system will pull that goal into the form
- Due Date (Required) - If the Evaluation Assignment date is between the goal start date and the due date, the system will pull that goal into the form
- Due Date Reminder Email - This is automatically populated based on the Due Date. A reminder notification is set to go out 2 (two) weeks PRIOR to the Due Date but this can be changed.
- Click Save when finished. The status of your goal will be set to "Pending" until approved by your manager. When approved, the status will change to "Incomplete".
Managing a Goal
Click the ... button towards the right of a goal to manage it.
When copying a goal, it will take you to the Goal Details page with "Copy of" prefixed in the Goal name. Can be useful when you need to reuse a goal for an upcoming review cycle.
Employees can add their comments to a goal or when completing a step. The "Goal Comments" will include any comments added through a step or when manually added. If the comment was added through a step, the "Step Completed" will note which step was completed with the comment.
Setting The Progress
If step tracking is not enabled, there will be a progress slider that can be used to approximate the progress of a goal with a description.
Completing a Step
If step tracking is enabled, the steps will be listed here. Use the checkbox towards the left of a step. Enter a comment into the "Update Description" field for the step and click Add Update. The step will be completed and the "Update Description" will be added to the Goal Comments towards the bottom.
Adding a Comment
Click Add Comment. Enter a comment into the provided field and click Save when finished.
Editing a Comment
Click Edit from the Action column. Edit the comment as needed and click Save when finished. This will not change the "Create Date" of the original comment. Only the original comment creator can edit a comment.
Attachments allow an employee to add and view attachments. Only the original uploader of the attachment can edit or delete the attachment.
Click Add Attachment to upload a file and enter a name for the attachment. Click Save when finished.
Actions for Attachments
- View - Download a copy of the attachment.
- Edit - Edit the attachment name or upload a different document. Click Save when finished.
- Delete - Delete the attached file.