Managers will receive an email notification when a request has been made by one of their direct reports and is requiring the Manager's approval. Instructors and Training Administrators can access the Approval Queue to approve courses and certifications in the same manner.
- Managers can approve training requests under the Approvals Required for Course Requests. Only courses set for manager approval will require this, it is configurable. Select Approve or Deny next to the Student Name. Approve will allow the employee access to the course/class and deny will not allow them to enroll. An email will notify the employee of the manager's selection.
- Managers can view any upcoming training scheduled for their direct reports under Upcoming Training. This will also include Instructor Led events that occur on a particular time and date.
- Approvals Required for Learning Plan Tasks - associated with Learning Plans. When an activity or item is added to a Learning Plan, there is an option to select "Require Manager Sign Off." If selected, the manager will need to approve the activity/item here. This is set up at the Admin level when creating the Learning Plan. A Learning Plan can still be completed and moved out of the Learning Plan view of the employee while awaiting Manager sign off.
- Approvals Required for Training History Requests - this includes courses or certifications added by the employee via the My Training History > Add to History. Once the employee completes this information, a manager is required to approve the request, along with the named training Administrator.
- Approvals Required for Employee Goals - need Performance Module. When an employee creates a new goal, the manager needs to approve, reject or edit the goal.
The Approve All button will allow a Manager to approve all request within a given section at one time, versus individually.