Referral Networks: Import Members
Create Import File
To upload referral network members to BirdDogHR, the file must be in the correct format. We have made an attempt to understand the most common file formats like the following, which do not require any other manipulation.
Outlook Contacts Export File
Simply export your contacts from Outlook and upload that file into BirdDogHR. We've taken steps to ensure that our system "understands" this Outlook export format (.CSV) and that we'll locate the proper fields and information for your list.
LinkedIn Contacts Export file
Simply export your contacts from LinkedIn and upload that file into BirdDogHR. We've taken steps to ensure that our system "understands" this LinkedIn export format (.CSV) and that we'll locate the proper fields and information for your list.
- Login to Linked In.
- Click on "Contacts" in the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on "Export connections" located at the bottom right part the page.
- Choose the Outlook export CSV file format. Then click on the "Export" button.
- The exported file provided to you here can directly be uploaded on this page.
You can manually create or add any other list into BirdDogHR's Outreach List function. The file format you upload must be .CSV (not .XLS, not "Tab Delimited") and the headers for each column must match the field names below:
- Email_Address - Required
- First_name - Optional
- Last_name - Optional
- City - Optional
- State - Optional
- Zipcode - Optional
- Phone_number - Optional
- Organization_name - Optional
- Description - Optional
- Select the Import Member link in the action column of the desired Referral Network.
- A pop up will appear. Drag and drop the contact list.
- After the file has been uploaded, it will be parsed and you will be given a preview of the parsed data below before committing the data.