What is the Ideas Portal?
The Talent Management Ideas Portal is the place for customers to submit and vote for new software enhancement ideas. This platform is separate from the Arcoro Talent Management software.
How do I get access to the Ideas Portal?
The Ideas Portal is intended for current customers and is accessible by registration only. To register, follow these steps:
- Go to http://ideas.birddoghr.com
- Press the 'Sign Up' button.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address and company name. Then press 'Sign Me Up!'
- In a short while, you will receive a registration email from firstname.lastname@example.org (which is the Ideas Portal platform).
- Press the link in your email and create a password for your account.
- After you've been registered, you can access the Ideas Portal by going to http://ideas.birddoghr.com
I submitted my sign up form but have not heard anything yet.
This is a private portal intended for our customers so our Product Team verifies and creates each account. You will receive an email with an access link to the portal. If your organization has an unusually strict email firewall, you might also check your SPAM folder. If you have not heard from our team within a business day of signing up, please send an email to email@example.com and we’ll follow up directly.
How do I use the Ideas Portal?
We encourage our customers to vote for ideas and submit new feature enhancements. Here’s how to use the portal:
- Add a new idea: easy enough, press the button and pick a Arcoro product/module. Then summarize your enhancement into a new idea. You'll automatically get notified by email when we add comments or move the status.
- Vote: the strongest indicator of interest is measured by votes. So press the ‘Vote’ button on enhancements you'd like to see added to our products.
- Comment: join the conversation about an idea by adding comments. The idea author, subscribers and the Arcoro product teams will be notified about your feedback.
- See your ideas & votes: if you've submitted ideas or votes, they can be tracked under 'My ideas' and 'My votes' in the left sidebar.
- Modules: You can focus on specific Arcoro software modules by filtering the module buttons on the left sidebar. These include ATS, Onboarding, Performance, Learning and Everything else.
- Recent, Trending, Popular: these tabs across the top reorder ideas by creation date, trending and popular (most votes).
- Search: before submitting new ideas, use the search box (in the upper right corner) to look for ideas that might be similar to yours. If ideas are similar to one another, we may merge them together for simplicity.
- Subscribe for notifications: you will automatically receive notifications for voted ideas and submitted ideas. However, you can also subscribe to updates to a specific idea by pressing the 'Subscribe' button on the right column on an idea's page.
I’ve got an idea! Do you already have this one?
Before submitting an idea, we encourage you to first search ideas submitted by others. Use the search box (top right) and the Module buttons (left sidebar). Even if an idea is similar to yours, you should comment and vote for it. Remember: ideas with the most votes are considered the most ‘popular’ and have a higher likelihood of getting added to our roadmap.
I submitted an idea and haven’t heard anything for awhile. What is going on?
All ideas are reviewed by our Product Team to answer any questions or help clarify enhancements. After an idea is considered a Future Enhancement, we’re watching for votes and comments from our customer community. This helps us gauge the level of interest from all our customers. Ideas that garner the most votes have a higher likelihood of being added to our product roadmap.
How do you decide which ideas get added to the roadmap?
The Arcoro product roadmap is the prioritized plan for all enhancements built and added to the software. Careful planning is involved in every feature that is considered. The Ideas Portal is one tool for helping the Product Team develop enhancements and measure interest in them. The team will prioritize enhancements on the roadmap based on several factors and business objectives, such as:
- Strategic vision: does this enhancement fit into our long-term product strategy?
- Return on investment: is this enhancement something that will bring value to most (if not all) of our customers?
- Level of effort: is this enhancement a major or minor development commitment?
We welcome our customers’ valuable insight, ideas and votes in the Ideas Portal to help us improve the direction of the Arcoro modules.
What do the different statuses mean?
The status indicates an idea’s stage in the selection process.
- Future consideration: this means that your idea is being considered and we’re waiting for votes, contributions and feedback. If we get enough interest, we may move this into ‘Planned’ status, where it moves to our product roadmap to be developed.
- Existing functionality: your idea is a feature that already exists in one of our modules. We can direct you to how this works.
- Will not implement: this idea may be a good suggestion or feature, but does not make business sense for our current product line.
- Planned: ideas marked as ‘Planned’ have enough votes and interest to be developed. We may not be able to provide a timeline, but you will see this idea rolled out in the future.
- Released: these are ideas that are now part of our live products.
Why am I receiving emails about my idea?
If you’ve created an idea or added comments to an idea, you will automatically receive notifications to all new activity regarding this idea. You are considered ‘subscribed’ to this idea to stay informed of progress. If you’d prefer to unsubscribe to notifications, press the ‘View Idea’ button from one of your emails and click the ‘unsubscribe’ button on the right sidebar.
Are there other ways to track my idea?
Each idea has a number associated with it. This can be found under the ‘Arcoro’ logo in the upper left corner of the idea’s detail page (e.g. ATS-I-42) and is also included in the page URL of each idea.
Still have questions?
If you still have questions about the Ideas Portal, please contact your Customer Success Manager and we'll do our best to provide direction and answers. We appreciate your valuable contribution to the future of Arcoro software!