The Website Says Access Denied
- Have the user log out of the system.
- Login into the system via their login:
- For Non-SSO – type in portal.birddoghr.com in the address bar – do not use a saved bookmark or link from an email.
- If SSO, navigate to their SSO login page.
- Navigate to the page they were trying to go,
- Since you are logged in to the application, clicking the link in the email should send you to the page you were trying to access without an issue.
Really there are two possibilities for this to occur:
- You do not have access to the page you were trying to get to.
- For example, a manager page when you do not have permission.
- The fix for this, contact your administrator to have that permission added to your user.
- The Talent system did not know who you are, meaning there was an issue with authenticating you.
- To identify this is the cause – your name will not appear in the right-hand corner, and your company name/logo may or may not appear on the screen.
- Follow the resolution above.
Why did this happen?
There are a number of possibilities to this happening but the most common are:
- Bad bookmark saved
- Good Bookmark = https://portal.birddoghr.com
- Bad Bookmark = https://portal.birddoghr.com/Auth/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Old session saved in browser cache not updating with a new session
We are aware of this issue happening for people intermittently and have devoted developer time to build an enhancement to our platform that should alleviate this issue from ever occurring in the future. In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.