Courses: Add A Class
A Class is a course set for a specific time and location. Click here to read more about setting up a course.
Before adding a Class, you must do the following:
- Add a course with the Training Type of 'Instructor Led' to allow for classroom access.
- Add a Classroom.
Create a Class
= Fields the employee sees when viewing the course
* = Required fields
- Reference Materials Link: This is separate from the course. Add a link to course materials (link needs to be accessible to users).
- External Enrollment Link
- Provider: Select from the drop-down and list is populated under LMS Admin > Training > Training Provider
- Cost at the class level (there is also a cost at the course level)
- Select cost by Student or Total
- Activate this new class - making it available within the course catalog for employees to enroll
- * Classroom: Select from the drop-down. List is populated under LMS Admin > Setup > Classroom
- If Enrollment limit is selected, Waiting List will be turned on. If on, once the enrollment limit has been reached, anyone new enrolling will be added to a waitlist and seats remaining will indicate a negative number. If an employee drops the class, the first person on the waitlist will be added.
- * Start Date: The day the first-class session begins
- * End Date: The day of the last class session Can be the same day as the Start Date, unless the class occurs over multiple days
- * Start Time
- * End Time
- Time Zone: Select the time zone of the location of the class
- Duration of class in number of days: Only if occurring over multiple days
- Duration in Hours
- Send Invitation as a Calendar Event: Once an employee enrolls, they will receive an email notification with ical attached to add to their personal calendar.
- Use Advanced Calendar Scheduling Options: Used when event(class) occurs over multiple days. For example, a class that occurs every Wednesday from 8-9AM for 4 weeks. Very similar to how you create a reoccurring meeting.
- Select the Repeat every number of weeks
- Repeats on what day(s)
- Occurrences - total number
- Ends on - select the date
- Class Notes
To assign the Instructor to the Class, go to: Locate the Course > Click on the Class No. link > in the Special Actions > Select Edit Class > Assign Instructors > Select Instructor to assign to the class.