Navigating to Course Catalog
- While viewing the Learning Management System, click Class Catalog.
Course Catalog Options
- Class Dates - This is associated with live classroom training, like Instructor Led or Virtual Instructor Led events. By applying date ranges, courses that have classes within those dates will appear to review and enroll in.
- Training types - For example, Online, Instructor-Led, On the Job Training, etc.
- Search the Catalog - Enter any keyword(s) and click Go. This will search the Course Name and Description.
- Go button - After entering any necessary information such as Search terms, checkboxes, etc. click Go so you can filter your course catalog.
- Checkbox Options
- List View will automatically be checked, if unchecked, the course description will also appear.
- Include Inactive Courses is an option available to training Administrators to allow them to access courses previously marked as inactive.
- Clear Search - Clicking the checkbox will remove any current filters selected and reset to the defaults
- Competency - The drop-down will only populate if you have the Performance module, but allows the employee to search for courses by competencies.
- Course Categories - All course categories will be checked by default to show all courses within the primary view. To create a course category, you can refer to Complete Guide to Categories for Talent Management
Course Catalog List
The columns will show
- Course Name - Clicking the course name will show you additional information about the course.
- Req or Rec - View if the course is required or recommended for them to take from the course catalog. If an employee launches the course from the catalog, versus their enrolled or assigned courses, all completions will still be tracked the same. For information on how to make a course required or recommended, you can refer to Setting Up Required/Recommended Courses
- Training Type - For example, Online, Instructor-Led, On the Job Training, etc.
- Prereq - The column shows if the course requires another course to be completed prior to starting the course. The Employee cannot enroll in a course until the prerequisite has been completed.
If a course has a green checkmark next to the title, this indicates the employee has completed the course. Completed courses can be re-taken as often as the employee would like. Each completion will be a separate item.
Viewing Course Information
Clicking the title of the course will allow you to view additional information about the course. The available options when viewing a course can differ depending on your user role. For more information about a course, you can refer to the article Understanding Course Information Page