Configure workflows to approve candidate offer letters
Enabling & Navigating to Offer Letter Approvals
- Click the
- Offer Letter Approvals will appear on the left-hand side. Click
- If the option does not appear, you may need to refresh your web browser.
- The Offer Letter Approval process page will display on the offer letter creation screen and every offer letter that is created will be required to follow an approval process.
Add an Offer Letter Approval Process
- Enter the following information for your offer letter approval process.
- Enter a name for the offer letter approval process.
- Select Approver(s)
- Only system administrators and users with the Approve Offer Letters permission will appear in the drop-down menu.
- There is no limit to the number of approvers that can be added to each level.
- Select Backup Approver(s)
- Backup approvers are not sent offer letter notifications automatically - they are sent manually on the view approval page.
- To add additional levels click
- A maximum of 15 backup approvers can be added.
- Click when finished.
Editing an Offer Letter Approval
- Edit the approvers/backup approvers of the offer letter approval.
- When finished, click .
Deactivate an Offer Letter Approval
- A confirmation dialog will appear to confirm the deactivation. Click
- A confirmation message will appear in the top left if successful and the offer letter approval will disappear from the list.
Duplicate an Offer Letter Approval
- A dialog will appear for you to enter a new name for the duplicate offer letter approval. Click
- The duplicated offer letter approval will appear in your offer letter approval list with the newly entered name.
View and Reactivate an Offer Letter Approval
- Click the
- A confirmation dialog will appear to confirm the activation. Click
- A confirmation message will appear in the top left if successful.
Approval Workflow Notes
- Any changes made to an approval process, including deactivation, will not impact offer letters currently in flight.
- Once the offer letter is submitted, the first level of approver(s) will automatically receive notification that an offer letter requires their approval. Each notification will include a link that will navigate the approver to a web page with the offer letter requiring they take action
- The offer letter will display as read-only for approvers. At the bottom of the page, approvers will have the option to Approve or Reject the offer letter. If rejected, the approver will be required to provide comments before submitting their response
- Once the offer letter has been approved by any user within an approval process level, the offer letter will automatically move on to the next level in the approval process
- If an email notification needs to be resent to an approver or if a backup approver needs to receive the notification, the person who created the offer letter (or admin users) can do so from the offer letter list page
- Once the final approval has been received, the offer letter status will automatically change from ‘Pending Approval’ to ‘Active’ and will be sent to the candidate for them to take action
- If an offer letter is rejected at some point in the approval process, a notification will be sent to the user who created the offer letter. They will have the ability to view comments provided along with the rejection on the View Approval Process modal from the offer letter list page. A new offer letter must be created, as users do not have the ability to edit an offer letter once it has been sent for approval
- If an offer letter is rescinded at some point in the approval process, a notification will be sent to all approvers who previously approved the offer letter or approvers who have the offer letter in their queue to approve