Additional Help Topics
This article is part of a series of help topics for employees using ExakTime Mobile.
You can return to the list of articles by clicking here.
If enabled, Field Notes allow you to send useful notes, pictures, and/or voice recordings to ExakTime Connect for your office to review.
You may need to allow certain device permissions to fully use Field Notes:
- Camera permission to take photos and attach to field notes.
- Storage permission to attach photos from your photo gallery.
- Microphone permission to use the mic to record voice memos/notes.
If you do not see Field Notes in ExakTime Mobile, but believe you should, consult your ExakTime administrator for assistance.
Adding A Field Note
- Press the menu button in the top left (≡) and press Field Notes from the menu.
- Press the + icon for the subject to specify who, where, or what the field note should be associated with. If you are unsure of the subject for a field note, consult your ExakTime administrator on best practices.
- Enter any comments/notes, take a photo with the camera, attach a photo from your gallery, or record a voice note.
- Tap the photo to draw on the image to point something out.
- Press Save when finished towards the top-right (if on iOS) or at the bottom (if on Android)
Reviewing Field Notes
- Press History at the bottom (if using iOS) or at the top (if using Android) to review previously saved field notes from the past two weeks.
- History will show the subject and comments of any field notes saved from the past two weeks. Tapping a field note allows you to view additional information and the ability to edit a field note if unsent.
- The Field Notes icon towards the left will have the word 'Sent' after the field note has been sent/synced with ExakTime Connect.