Users can create Basic or Advanced Exports by using the Actions drop-down menu and clicking Create Exports.
Configure the General Properties below and click the Save Properties button when completed. Any changes made to the General Properties must first be saved before they will be reflected in any execution of the export.
If the Advanced option has been enabled, the Records tab allows HRIS Administrators to select the type and number of records that will be associated with the Export. The Header record provides initial Export information to the receiving entity. The Employee record provides demographic and benefit info. The Dependent record also provides demographic and benefit info, as well as Employee demographic fields as most exports with Dependent info, require the data to be associated with an Employee. The Advanced Record Layout options allow HRIS Administrators to dictate the output of the data on each of the selected records as well as the order (Separate or immediately after each Employee record) of the Dependent records. The Footer record is the trailing data (i.e. Record Count) for the export.
The Benefits tab allows HRIS Administrators to select the benefits that will be exported to the benefits carrier or Third Party Administrator (TPA).
- Click the appropriate checkboxes on the left side of the screen to select a benefit package. Note: the packages are listed in descending order of the package year
- Click the checkboxes to the left of the benefits that should be included in the export
- (Optional) Enter a Group by Code if utilizing the Export Fields - Group by Code field in the export
- Click Save Benefits.
This screen allows for the selection of fields to be included in the export for each Record selected on the Records tab. Select fields for inclusion by selecting the field(s) in the Available Fields text box and using the selection buttons to copy them into the Selected Fields text box. You can rearrange the order of the columns by using the positioning buttons to the right of the Selected Fields text box. You may include fields more than once in the export. Use the Custom Text Field to include a hard-coded (custom) value in the export.
Export Fields Data Dictionary
The Data Dictionary allows HRIS Administrators to research fields used in an Export to ensure correct usage. The Filter by Category dropdown allows the user to view fields associated with a specific Data Type. The Dictionary provides Field Name, Data Type, and Summed when Grouping Enabled. Summed will add values such as Employee Per Pay Cost (Premiums) to give a single line item amount for all Benefits utilizing the Group by Code.
The Formatting tab allows HRIS Administrators to manipulate the output of the export's field data.
- Max Field Length limits the length of the selected field to a predetermined character count
- Prefix and Suffix allows the field to be hard coded with values. Those values will concatenate the field value.
- (Optional) The Column Header allows the user to change the name of the column in Export's output; Example: Field Name = Demographic First Name; this will appear in the Export output. Entering "First Name" in the Column Header field changes the value to "First Name" only.
- Mapping allows the user to change the values of an Export field; Example Demographic - Gender = Male. Mapped value can be changed to "M."
- Formatting allows the user to manipulate the orientation of the field's value; Example: Benefit Effective Date = 01/01/2015. Formatting can change the output to 20150101 among other values.
- (Optional) Notes provide any users of the Export to determine the order and reasoning behind the selection of the field.
The Filter tab allows HRIS Administrators to manipulate the Export's output on a Global level. Example: Field = Last Name Not Equal to "Test"; this filter will exclude any Employee with the Last Name of Test from the Export's output.
- Select the field that will be used to filter the Export by clicking the dropdown arrow
- Click the Qualifier dropdown to include or exclude data
- Enter a specific alpha-numeric value in the Value field. Note: the value must be a valid value for the field selected.
- Click Save Filter Detail
- Multiple Filters can be assigned to an Export; use Delete Selected Records to delete unnecessary or obsolete filters from the Export.
- Note: Conjunctions allow users to create multiple levels for filter; Example: Last Name Not Equal to "Test" AND Employee SSN Not Equal to "123456789."
Export Schedules allow users to view the schedules established with each export as well as create new schedules for exports that will go into production. Additionally users are able to see failed exports and the reason or reasons why the exports failed.
If a schedule is nonexistent for a selected export, use the following steps to create a schedule.
- Click the Selected Export dropdown arrow to select an existing data export.
- Enter the number days between exports or the day of the month the export should run.
- Select a time from the "At" dropdown arrow. Note: time choices will be hourly from 12:00am to 11:00pm.
- Enter a Start and End by manually entering the data or clicking on the calendar icon.
- Optional: if the export is contingent upon another export finishing successfully, then use the Category and Export dropdown arrows, respectively, to select the existing export that should complete before your current export executes.
- Click the Create Recurring Schedule button to create the schedule.
History displays all of the exports that have successfully been executed, either manually or on a schedule, over the past thirty days. This allows users to see all exports regardless of export category in one screen instead of by a single category. Users can determine the number of employees exported in each report, view the actual file, and change the Start or End date range.
The Log tab allows HRIS Administrators to view Export history. Export History includes failed and successful Exports. This information can assist users in troubleshooting Exports that send output to external entities.
- Enter a Start Date
- Enter an End Date or use the default of the current date plus one day
- Click Filter Log
- Use the Next/Previous Page hyperlinks on the left to navigate the Log entries