The GEOFence is a digital fence that radiates from the longitude/latitude coordinates associated with a location.
The longitude/latitude is first generated when you enter the address for a location or when it is imported from a CSV file (changing the address after the longitude/latitude has been generated does not re-generate it). If there is no available address for a location such as a service building alongside a road, you can enter the latitude/longitude for a location manually.
- Go to Manage and click Locations.
- Click the edit icon to the left of a location to view its profile.
- Click the GPS tab.
Minor GEOFence Adjustments
If the longitude/latitude has been entered, a small PIN will appear and the GEOFence will appear as a green circle around the PIN.
- You can adjust the GPS coordinate by entering/adjusting the latitude and longitude or dragging the yellow point with your mouse.
- The radius can be adjusted by clicking and dragging your mouse within the green circle.
Finding GPS Coordinates and Entering Manually
If there are no GPS coordinates to adjust or they are incorrect, you can enter the GPS coordinates manually after getting them from other sources, such as Google Maps or Bing Maps.
With Google Maps
- Go to Google Maps and search for the best area that would contain the location.
- When you find the desired location, right-click on the map and click the coordinates at the top of the list. The coordinates will be copied to your clipboard.
With Bing Maps
- Go to Bing Maps and search for the best area that would contain the location.
- When you find the desired location and right-click on the map to see the GPS coordinates at the bottom of the menu. Copy and paste these coordinates into the GPS fields for your Location in ExakTime Connect.
Entering GPS Coordinates
Once you have the GPS coordinates, you would enter them into the corresponding fields. When reading GPS coordinates, the first number is generally the latitude and the second number is the longitude. As you enter the coordinates, the map towards the right will update.
For more information about the intial setup of the GeoFence, you can refer to What Is The GeoFence?