An Employee's ExakTime Mobile security role designates what an employee can do within ExakTime Mobile ranging from unrestricted access to limited ExakTime Mobile access.
You can also quickly assign a security role to multiple employees through the Security Roles page. If you would prefer this, you can refer to the steps in the following article.
- Go to Manage in the Menu bar and click Employees.
- Click the blue pencil to the left of an Employee's name.
- Scroll downwards toward the "ExakTime Mobile and Connect Access" section, specify the ExakTime Mobile Security Role with the drop-down menu, and enter the unique PIN (4-10 digits) that the employee should use.
- By default, we offer Administrator, Supervisor, and Employee. The Administrator role offers the most permission while the Employee role offers the least permission.
- The PIN is used by the employee to log in to ExakTime Mobile and identify themselves on any copy of ExakTime Mobile connected to your company. It can help to create a pattern for the employee PIN so it is easier to create and remember amongst your employees.
- If the employee only needs limited access to ExakTime Mobile, then you can select the default "Employee" role as it generally covers the basics.
- Click Save when finished.
- There will be a short delay while the employee's ExakTime Mobile PIN information is automatically prepared for ExakTime Mobile use in the background. After the short delay, the employee should be able to sign in to any copy of ExakTime Mobile.
Want to Learn More?
- For more information about ExakTime Mobile security roles, you can refer to the following article.
- For more information about setting up ExakTime Mobile and for handouts you can provide employees, please refer to the following dedicated article.