By default, we offer two roles for ExakTime Connect, an Administrator and Employee role. The Administrator role offers unrestricted access, while the Employee role allows an employee to view their own time card. You can create a unique ExakTime Connect Security role for everything in between for specific roles/purposes such as for supervisors/foreman, accountants, etc.
Creating your ExakTime Connect Security Role
- Enable the permissions needed for the security role. For more information regarding the available permissions, you can refer to the following article: ExakTime Connect Permissions And What They Do
- Click when finished
Assigning your ExakTime Connect Security Role
- Go to
- Click the "Edit" icon (blue pencil) to the left of the employee's name.
- Scroll downwards toward the Security Roles section, specify the ExakTime Connect Security Role with the drop-down menu and enter the employee's username and email.
- Only administrators can add another administrator to ExakTime Connect. The "Administrator" role will not be listed in the drop-down menu for non-administrators.
- Click when finished.
- The employee will soon receive an email with a link verify their email address and create their password. This email is valid for 72-hours. If the employee is unable to verify their email address, you will need to resend the verification email. If you are unsure how to do this, you can refer to the following article: How to Resend a Verification Email