In addition to Jobclocks and ExakTime Mobile, it is possible for employees to clock in or out via online through the ExakTime Connect website using a feature called Connect Clock. This can be useful for office personnel with access to a computer who need to log hours.
Enabling Connect Clock is a matter checking the right boxes, but there are some additional steps needed to make sure the necessary employees have what they need in order to use it. This guide will cover them as follows:
- Enabling Connect Clock
- Allowing Users to Log in
- Clocking IN/OUT with Connect Clock
Enabling Connect Clock for your Company
To begin using Connect Clock, it must first be enabled for the company within Company Settings.
- Click on
- Click the
- Switch the "Enable Clock In/Out in ExakTime Connect" setting to ON.
- Save your change.
Granting Connect Clock Access to a Security Role
Once Connect Clock has been enabled for the company, your ExakTime Connect security roles will need to be given access. Administrators do not need to do this as the permission will be enabled by default.
- Click on
- Select the security role to the left that should be allowed to use Connect Clock. In this example, we recommend the basic employee Security Role Scroll down on the right to give access to the option. For more information on Security Roles, see: Understanding Security Roles. Note: If an employee needs to only be able to clock themselves in, leave "Clock In For" as "No Access"
- Save your changes.
Allowing Users to Log into ExakTime Connect
Now that the ability to use Connect Clock is enabled, we'll need to make sure the appropriate users have access.
- Go to
- Click the "Edit" icon (blue pencil) to the left of the employee's name.
- Scroll downwards toward the Security Roles section, specify the ExakTime Connect Security Role with the drop-down menu. This will need to be the role enabled with Connect Clock from the previous section. Enter the employee's email and username in the appropriate fields. This email will be used to verify the username and the username will be used to log in to the website.
- Click when finished.
- The employee will soon receive an email with a link to verify their email address and create their password. This email is valid for 72-hours. If the employee is unable to verify their email address, you will need to resend the verification email. If you are unsure how to do this, you can refer to the following article: How to Resend a Verification Email
Clocking IN/OUT with Connect Clock
- Connect Clock will appear in the top left of ExakTime Connect.
- Clicking on the "Clock In/Out" will show you the menu where you will clock in will appear.
- If given the ability to clock in/out for others, the employee drop-down menu can be used to clock in/out for another employee.
- The location and cost code selected will be used to clock you in.
- Comments can also be added for more information on the time card.
- Click Go or Stop to clock in or out.
- After clocking in or out successfully, you will see a confirmation message.