ExakTime Connect features three Executive Summary reports accessible under the Reports section within ExakTime Connect focusing on Cost Code, Employee, or Locations. Each report will display a list of the primary entity and the total hours associated with that entity based on the day, week, month, quarter, or year.
None of the executive summary reports will break down the hours further for any other entity. For example, the Employee Executive Summary report will only display the total hours for a given employee only. The report will not break down the hours further based on the locations or cost codes worked by the employee. Other reports may be better if you need to know what locations were worked by an employee, such as the "By" reports.
If you would like more information about the general use of reports, you can refer to the following article.
- Click Reports from the menu bar.
- Click Executive Summary from the Cost Code, Employee, or Location section.
Report Specific Options
The Executive Summary reports offer similar Report Specific Options. The example below is for the "Employee Executive Summary".
- Show Employee/Location/Cost Code ID - Include the IDs for the entity.
- Sort by - Sort the entities by their names or IDs. This option is not available if the "Show X ID" option is not enabled.
- Group by - Group the totals by Day, Week, Month, Quarter, or Year.
- Show Overtime Hours - Separate the hours into Regular, OT1, and OT2 columns.
- Fit Report to 1 page wide - Shrink the report as needed to fit everything on one page. May not present in a readable size depending on the amount of data
The Executive Summary reports are formatted to landscape view and may not display optimally when viewing date ranges or pay periods that expand beyond two weeks of information when grouped by "Day". When this occurs, you will see the message below:
You can still choose to generate the report despite the report not being readable. You can then save the report in XLSX/XLS file format and scroll through the data.
Example of Report
The executive summary reports will provide columns for:
- Employee/Location/Cost Code
- Columns for the Date Grouping selected.
- Total - The total hours for the given entity.
If enabled, there will be a table at the bottom of the report that will list the regular, OT1, and OT2 hours
Employee Executive Summary by "Day"
Below is an example grouped by "Day" with overtime enabled.
Employee Executive Summary by "Week"
The next example shows the report grouped by "Week" pulling data for a full month.
Cost Code Executive Summary
Location Executive Summary