When you first install and open AccountLinx, you will need to select the accounting package that we will be exporting to. Once the exporter has been selected, you may have to do some additional set up if it is the first time you are using it. If you have setup and used AccountLinx in the past, then a majority of the set up has been completed.
Selecting Your Exporter
- Click Select Exporter. You can also go to Tools and click Exporter Settings.
- The Exporter Settings window will open. Click Select Exporter... to the right.
- You will see a list of supported accounting/job-costing applications. Select your application, take note of the name (e.g. QuickBooks vs. QuickBooks Online), and press OK.
- Please Note: Depending on the application selected, you may have to go through a setup wizard.
- Click OK if this is NOT the first time you have used AccountLinx. If this is the first time you are using AccountLinx, you will need to go through some additional setup. That is explained further in the next section.
- If your accounting/job-costing application requires us to generate an export file, then you can move on to the next step to configure AccountLinx.
- If your accounting/job-costing application offers a direct connection (e.g. Sage 100 MasterBuilder, Sage 50 Simply Accounting API Connection, etc.) and this is the first time you are setting up AccountLinx, you may need to do some additional set up. If you need assistance regarding this, you can request for assistance here.
Setting Up AccountLinx for the First Time
When setting up AccountLinx for the first time, you will need to configure the exporter from Exporter Settings. If you are not already in Exporter Settings, go to Tools and click Exporter Settings.
- Note: If you have already used AccountLinx with your ExakTime Connect in the past, your previous exporter settings will be carried over and you can export as normal.
In the Exporter Settings window, click Configure.
In the following window will be the exporter settings where you can tailor the exports to fit your needs. The available options that are available will differ depending on your accounting package.
A common field to fill in will be the pay ID/Code, which AccountLinx uses to tell your payroll system what pay type should be used with time data. (e.g. Chris worked 10 hours for a day resulting in 8 regular hours and 2 overtime hours. When the time data is interpreted by the payroll system, it sees Chris as having 8 hours with a "REG" rate and 2 hours with an "OT" rate.)
We have an example below for Sage 300. If you look at the Pay ID fields for Regular, it has "01." This means that when we export the information for Sage 300, it will use "01" to denote an employee's hours are to be used for regular pay.
Almost Ready to Export
When you return to the main page of AccountLinx, the "Select Exporter" option disappear and some new options should appear such as Map Employees and Export. Once you see these options, you are ready to start mapping and exporting.
Mapping is the next step necessary for AccountLinx as it will allow AccountLinx to export your time records in a way that your accounting package will understand. If you have already used AccountLinx, you should already be aware of these steps. If this is your first time, you can refer to the following article: How to Map in AccountLinx
Once you have finished configuring and mapping AccountLinx, you can begin to export your time data. You can refer to the following article for the best practices: How to Export Time to your Accounting Package
If you are unsure of how to setup AccountLinx, please let us know and we will try to guide you down the right path. You can request additional assistance here.