The latest version of ExakTime Mobile allows your employees to be warned and/or restricted from clocking in or out to a location if their mobile device's GPS does not put them within the Geofence of their selected location.
For information on how to set up a Geofence, you can refer to Setting up and Using the Geofence
For an employee to receive warnings or restriction messages when clocking in or out:
- ExakTime Mobile needs permissions to the location services of the device.
- The Geofence Warning/Restriction Permission must be enabled.
Allow Access To Location Services
For us to warn and/or restrict an employee from clocking in or out, ExakTime Mobile will need permission to access the location services of the mobile device. When first using ExakTime Mobile, it will prompt the user for permission if ExakTime Mobile can use the location services of the phone. For iOS, press Always Allow. For Android, press Allow.
If the permission is denied, you can also enable the permission through the settings of your phone.
Depending on the age of your iOS device, the steps may differ, but the idea is consistent.
- Open Settings
- Press ExakTime
- Press Location
- Press Always
The steps below may differ depending on the manufacturer and version of Android, but the idea is consistent.
- Open your App Drawer
- Press Settings
- Press Apps (May also be called Applications, App Manager, etc.)
- Press ExakTime
- Press Permissions
- Enable Location
Enable Security Role Permissions
For an employee to receive a warning and/or restriction, you will need to enable the appropriate function on ExakTime Connect on the Security Roles page. If you need assistance regarding Security Roles, you can refer to In-Depth: ExakTime Mobile Security Role
- Go to Manage and click Security Roles.
- The ExakTime Mobile tab should already be selected. Select the ExakTime Mobile security role that needs Geofence warnings/restrictions enabled.
By default, there will be no warning or restriction if the employee is not within the Geofence for their selected location.
You can enable any of the following options as needed.
- Warn employees when clocking in/out outside Geofence, or if Geofence is unknown
- Require employees to add comment when clocking in/out - Warning like above, but also require the employee to add a comment if they are clocking in or out outside a Geofence. The employee's comment will appear on their time card with the associated time record for you to review.
- Restrict employees from clocking in/out outside a known Geofence
- It is highly advised to consider federal, state, and local labor laws when using this setting.
- Consider where employees are when they are clocking in or out. If your employees are expected to park their vehicles in a designated area, then travel to their worksite, they may begin their day outside of the Geofence of a worksite.
If the mobile device is unable to provide ExakTime Mobile with Location Data, it will always give a warning or restrict the employee, depending on the permission enabled. This can be due to lack of location data from the mobile device due to poor reception or ExakTime Mobile does not have permission to use location services of the device. To ensure proper warning/restrictions, you can require the device's location services to be on and/or require a GPS fix before an employee is able to clock in/out. You can enable these requirements in Mobile Settings. You can read more about mobile settings here: In-Depth: Mobile Settings
What ExakTime Mobile Users See
Depending on the permission enabled, ExakTime Mobile users will see the following: