Depending on the data in your ACA document, you can correct any information that Core HR pulls from, manually correct data, or enter any code overrides that Core HR does not derive.
- Common Errors for Forms
- Importing Data Corrections and Code Overrides
Common Errors for Forms
A common error found for the employer settings are incorrect company names or EIN.
- From the menu, expand Setup then click
- Hover over General and click
- Click the name of the employer.
- Ensure that you are using the legal business name, not a "Doing Business As" (DBA), and the correct EIN. If either is incorrect, the transmission to the IRS will fail.
Some of the most frequent errors are found within the employee's demographic.
- To begin, use the top search bar to pull up the affected employee's profile.
While viewing the employee's profile, hover over Employee and click.
From the employee's "Personal" tab, double-check the following:
- Misspelled First and/or Last Name
- Incorrect Social Security Number (SSN).
From the employee's "Employee" tab, double-check the following:
- Employee Status
- ACA Status
- Benefit Status
- Hire Date
- Benefit Eligibility Date
- Termination Date
Employee Status History
- While viewing the employee profile, go to Benefits and click
- Click the
- Make any adjustments to the employee's status history.
Importing Data Corrections and Code Overrides
- To adjust 1095s using Excel, ensure that you download the Raw Data file. This will allow you to import your saved changes.
- When importing an updated 1095-C file, you will enter the following steps as if you are generating the file from scratch prior to uploading the file.
- Enter the reporting year.
- Enter the contact name and phone number.
- Select the Employer
- Select the Employee Group
- Select the appropriate Offer Method
- Select the applicable options
- To see the option to load an updated date filed, click the checkbox for "Load Data from File" found under the "Please select from all that apply to this transmission" section.
- Enabling this may take you to the "View Completed Forms" tab. Return to the "Generate Forms" tab if this occurs.
- To import the new file, click
- Click .