After generating your forms, review them to protect your organization from inaccuracies and prevent post-filing corrections.
High Level Review
Some things to check for at a high level:
- Confirm Employees Last Names (Sorted A thru Z)
- Each 1095 form is 3 pages long, so the total number of pages divided by 3 should equal the number of employees you are reporting for.
- If you included a one-page employee mailer, then you will have 4 pages per employee.
Some things to check at an audit level:
- On the left side of the 1095C is the employee data and the right-hand side is employee information.
- Make sure that the information is correct.
- Confirm the address and EIN is correct.
- Toward the bottom will be specific tax codes for each employee. For more information about Lines 14 and 16, you can refer to the following article.
- Part III of the 1095-C will populate the appropriate month checkboxes when an employee is enrolled into a COBRA plan.