To recalculate benefits costs for an employee after a compensation change, you must:
- Go to the Employee Tab > Payroll > Compensation
- Select the existing Compensation Record, by clicking on the date. Then enter an End Date.
- Create a new Compensation Rate Record.
- Go to Employee > Benefits > Benefits
- Click into the Benefit Range of any compensation based Benefit (i.e. Voluntary Employee Life)
- Save through the Benefit as you did in Steps 1-3 of Making Benefit Changes on an Employee Screen.