To recalculate benefits costs for an employee after a compensation change, you must:
- Expand Employee, expand Payroll, and click Compensation from the menu.
- Click the Start Date of an existing compensation record and enter the stop date.
- Click Create Compensation Rate Record from the Actions drop-down menu.
- Expand Employee, expand Benefits, and click Benefits from the menu.
- Click into the Benefit Range of any compensation based benefit (i.e. Voluntary Employee Life)
- Save through the Benefit as you did in Steps 1-3 of Making Benefit Changes on an Employee Screen.