We have developed a web services integration to the Acumatica ERP application. The integration centers around the employee record and allows for data utilities to assist in implementation as well as the real time synchronization of data from HRIS to Acumatica.
Connect to Acumatica
- Launch a browser and navigate to the appropriate url for the client implementation
- Enter the Acumatica user credentials and click “Sign In”
Configure the Web Service API
- Navigate to the following work area: SYSTEM > Integration > CONFIGURE > Web Services
- Click the Add New Record (Ctrl+Ins) icon and enter the following in the fields:
- Service ID: INFINITYHR
- Description: InfinityHR Integration API
- Then, click the Save (Ctrl+S) icon. This is required before adding any screens…
- Next, click the Add Row icon in the main grid area and click the Screen ID field. Then, Select the following screen from the tree view (EP.20.30.00):
- Organization > Organizational Structure > Work Area > Manage > Employees
- Check the Import, Export, and Submit checkboxes and click on the Save (Ctrl+S) icon
- NOTE: The Web Services form should now look similar to the image (shown below)
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 to add the following screens, but navigate to "configure". Add the following options:
- Branches (CS.10.20.00)
- Departments (EP.20.15.00)
- Employee Classes (EP.20.20.00)
- Click the Save (Ctrl+S) icon. The form should now look as follows.
Generate the Web Service API
- The last step needed to expose the Web Service API for InfinityHR integration is to generate the Web Services Description Language (WSDL) schema.
- On the form, click the GENERATE button. This will initiate the generation of the WSDL schema. Once the process is complete, green checked icons will appear in the left-most column for each grid row representing the screens that are marked as Active for the service. The completed form is shown below:
View Web Service Operations (Optional)
After the Web Service API has been generated, you can view the service operations and description, if desired. To do so, click the VIEW GENERATED button. This will open a new browser window and display the list of web service operations that are now supported. Furthermore, if you would like to view the formal definition of the operations (a.k.a. schema) you can then click the Service Description link from the new browser window.
To configure the HRIS for integration with Acumatica first select Acumatica from the Agreements tab and sign and accept the license agreement.
Refresh page and navigate to the Settings tab
- The HR Company ID will populate automatically and is a unique identifier for your account in the HRIS
- The Domain is the url or web address used to access the Acumatica portal. It may be necessary to exclude https or http from the beginning of the URL.
- The Service ID field is defined in the Integration > Web Services screen of the Acumatica portal.
- The Service Login is the username used to log in to the Acumatica portal. For multi-tenant companies, enter Service Login as User123@CompanyName.
- The Service Password is the password associated with the service login used when signing in to the Acumatica portal.
- Checking Active as enabled will activate the sync.
**All fields must be specified in order for the HRIS to access and sync data with Acumatica.
The Acumatica integration enables the syncing of demographic data between the HRIS and Acumatica. The following sections outline the fields that sync between the two systems.
Company Data Mapping
The table below indicates the company level data that syncs between the HRIS and Acumatica.
Naming conventions vary between systems. The left column indicates the field in the HRIS and the right column indicates the field it correlates and syncs to in Acumatica.
Company level fields are always managed on the ERP side. Edits, additions, and deletions should first be performed in the ERP application and then loaded into the HRIS.
|HRIS Field||ERP Field|
|Pay Groups||Employee Classes|
|Job Codes||Employee Positions|
|Employee Types||Employee Statuses|
|User Defined L6||Work Calendars|
|Termination Reasons||Termination Reasons|
Employee Demographics Data Mapping
The table below indicates the employee level data that syncs between the HRIS and Acumatica.
Naming conventions vary between systems, the left column indicates the field in the HRIS and the right column indicates the field it correlates and syncs to in Acumatica.
|HRIS Field||ERP Field||Mapping Details|
|Employee ID||Employee ID|
|Home Phone||Phone 1 Type Home|
|Mobile Phone||Phone 2 Type Cell|
|Work Phone||Phone 3 Type Business|
|Street 1||Address Line 1|
|Street 2||Address Line 2|
|SSN||Employee Reg. No.||Accumatica must have payroll settings enabled to use Employee Re. No. as SSN|
|User Defined L6||Calendar|
|Birth Date||Date of Birth|