Job Codes are optional categories used for grouping Employees added to the system.
If no values are defined, then the Job Codes drop-down menu for an Employee's Demographic Information screen will be blank.
If your Employee Data Import includes a field for "Job Codes", you must define the Job Codes from the related field value setup page before importing your data from Data > Imports.
- From the menu, expand Setup and click Setup Properties.
- Hover over Field Value Setup in the top menu bar and click Job Codes.
Understanding the Job Codes Page
Setup Options for Job Codes
- Code - The Code entered in this field can be custom and only allows up to 10 characters.
- Description - The Description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
Job Codes List
- - Clicking this icon will allow you to edit the description of a job code.
- Description - The description is what will show in the drop-down box for selection on the employee record.
- Number Assigned - The number of employee records with the Job Code.
From the Actions drop-down menu, you can:
- Delete Selected Records
Adding a Job Code
- Enter a code (10-character max) and description for the job code as required.
- Click Save.
- The job codes will populate the Job Codes list.
Editing a Job Code
- Click the edit icon towards the far left of a job code.
- Edit description that loads into the top menu for the job code. The code for the job code cannot be edited.
- Click Save when finished.
Deleting a job code
- Select the job code(s) towards the far-right of a job code record.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, click Delete Selected Records.
- Confirm the deletion of the job code(s). If the deleted job code(s) are associated with an employee record, the job code(s) will be removed from their demographic info.