The ExakTime Mobile security role system in ExakTime Connect allows administrators of the system to give other employees access to various parts of the system. This, for example, is useful for allowing Supervisors to clock in for other employees or allow them to create new locations from the field within ExakTime Mobile.
Table of Contents
Accessing Security Roles
Go to Manage in the Menu Bar and click Security Roles. to access Security Roles.
Understanding Security Roles Page
- ExakTime Mobile/ExakTime Connect Tabs - View and adjust Security Roles for ExakTime Connect or ExakTime Mobile.
- Add Security Role
- Security Roles - The security roles that will grant employees any given permissions.
- Role Name – Name of the security role. The field can be used to edit the name of a Non-Default role.
- Permissions Tab - Permissions for the selected Security Role.
- Employee Members - A list of all employees with checkboxes to indicate if they belong or should have the security role. For more information, refer to the appropriate section.
- Permissions List – A list of permissions of all available permissions for a Security Role.
There are 4 default roles for ExakTime Mobile.
- Administrator - Provides almost all available permissions for ExakTime Mobile and their permissions cannot be changed (the GeoTrakker permission cannot be enabled for an Administrator). Generally intended for ExakTime admins in the office such as an office manager, accountant, etc.
- Supervisor - Limited permissions in ExakTime Mobile by default, but more than an Employee security role. The permissions can be adjusted. Generally intended for employees that manage others.
- Employee - Limited permissions in ExakTime Mobile by default. The permissions can be adjusted.
- No Access - Has no permissions enabled and cannot access ExakTime Mobile. This role is generally given to newly added employees.
Cloud Service - A setting for legacy software/products that can be disregarded at this time.
Clock In and Out for Other Employees - Clock in/out for other employees.
- Edit Clock In and Out Time - Adjust the date/time for the employee they are clocking in/out. This cannot be set to a future date/time.
Edit Time Records - Edit unsent time records made on the device from the History tab.
Change the device clock, edit preferences, set a default jobsite or cost code, and set jobsite locations - Allows an employee to access all ExakTime Mobile settings and additional capabilities as indicated.
Crews and Groups - Created/adjust crews and groups on the device. These changes may be overwritten if the crews and groups are made within ExakTime Connect.
View SiteHub - View SiteHub data containing recent activities such as field notes about the location, recent clock ins, directions through your phones navigation app, and nearby restaurants.
- Show Wages - Show the sum of the current hourly wage of employees clocked in to a location. (This is not a total of the hourly wages on the job so far, just the hourly wage sum at that moment)
Cost Code - View the cost code list from the Manage screen and add new cost codes.
Employees - View the employee list from the Manage screen and add new employees.
Equipment - View the equipment list from the Manage Screen.
Expenses - Create expenses on the device in hand.
Field Notes - Create field notes on the device in hand.
Locations - View the location list from the Manage screen, add new locations, update the GPS coordinate associated, and navigate to the location using your device's navigation app.
My Schedule - Allow employees to view their schedules and others.
Who is Clocked In - View a list of who has used your device to clock in and allows access to Team View. The list will clear itself out after 12 hours. Team View will update based on the employees clocking in/out on any ExakTime Mobile device connected to the internet.
How long has someone been clocked in - Let employees know how long they have been clocked in.
Time Card - Allow employees to review their time and others.
Time Record History - View the time records created on the device in hand from the last 14 days.
Own GeoTrakker Data - Review your own GeoTrakker data.
Other Employees' GeoTrakker Data - Review others GeoTrakker data.
Take a photo when clocking in or out with the front-facing camera.
Guide to FaceFront
For assistance with FaceFront, you can refer following article.
GeoFence Clock In/Out
No GeoFence warning or restriction - Enabled by default. An employee can clock in to any location regardless if they are not within the GeoFence or not.
Warn employees when clocking in outside Geofence, or if Geofence is unknown - The employee will receive a warning if their device plots them outside the GeoFence for their selected location or if there is no GeoFence for their selected location.
- Require employees to add a comment when clocking in outside GeoFence - In addition to the warning from above, the employee will need to enter a comment that will appear on your time cards to further review.
Restrict employee clock in outside known Geofence - If an employee's device places them outside the GeoFence of a location, they will not be able to clock in to their selected location.
Setting Up GeoFence Warnings/Restrictions
For more information about setting up GeoFence Warnings/Restrictions, you can refer to the following article.
Track the movement of the employee based on the location data from the mobile device.
Guide to GeoTrakker
For more information regarding GeoTrakker, you can refer to the following article.
Time Card Approval
Can approve own time card - The employee is able to approve their own time card from ExakTime Mobile.
Can approve time cards that have exceptions - The employee can approve their own time card from ExakTime Mobile even if there are exceptions such as incomplete time records.
Guide to Time Card Approvals
For more information about time card approvals, you can refer to the following article.
- Search for a Specific employee among your Role’s Members
- Add/remove the employee from the selected security role.
For assistance with assigning their ExakTime Mobile Security Role from within their Employee profile, you can refer How to Assign ExakTime Mobile Security Roles