Elapsed Time is a feature for ExakTime Mobile that allows your employees to be aware of how long they have been working since their last clock in. With this feature, we also introduced the prevention of clocking out if the ExakTime Mobile app does not detect an employee has clocked in yet.
As Elapsed Time is intended to track an individual, you can refer to Enabling and Using "View Who Is Clocked In" for ExakTime Mobile to view how an employee such as a manager/supervisor can see other employees that have clocked in to a shared device (such as a shared tablet for a location) and view where employees were when they clocked in with Team View.
How It Works
- After an employee is clocked in, either by themselves or by another user, the elapsed time on ExakTime Mobile will begin to count up.
- When the employee clocks in again to select a new location or cost code, the elapsed time will reset for the new clock in and begin to count up.
- The elapsed time will continue to count up until the employee clocks out or is clocked out by another user, either in ExakTime Connect or Mobile.
- Despite the elapsed time counting up endlessly, the employee may not receive that time. If the employees' clock in and out records exceeds the threshold, the employee will have a time record with their start time and a separate record with their clock out. This prevents the employee from receiving an excessive amount of time and allows you the opportunity to correct the employee's time card.
- The elapsed time will only appear for the employee that is currently logged in to ExakTime Mobile. Employees cannot view the elapsed time of another employee.
- The elapsed time is intended to be an indicator to let employees know how long they have been on the clock since their latest clock in and will not clock the employee out automatically.
Your ExakTime Mobile Security Roles will have the option to allow an employee to see how long they have been clocked in.
- Go to Manage and click Security Roles.
- The ExakTime Mobile tab should already be selected. Select the existing ExakTime Mobile security role or create a new security role that needs Elapsed Time enabled.
- Enable "How long has someone been clocked in".
- Save your changes.
What Employees See
- When employees first log in, they will be shown the basic Go/Stop buttons with the elapsed time indicator at the top.
- Once the employee has clocked in or has been clocked in by another user, the elapsed time will appear at the top.
- Tapping the chevron symbol towards the right will expand the menu to show their last known clock in with the time, location, and cost code.
Force Clock Out
While we will prevent an employee from clocking out if ExakTime Mobile does not detect they have not yet clocked in by graying out the STOP button, we have added an additional icon/button next to the STOP button that will allow the employee to clock out anyway. Pressing this button will prompt the employee that ExakTime Mobile does not detect them as having clocked in and the option to clock out anyway.