When exporting from AccountLinx, you may receive an error message indicating that your time data was not exported due to an entity (employee, location, cost code, etc.) not being mapped.
For your time data to be exported properly, all the required entities need to be mapped to the equivalent entity of your Accounting/Job-Costing application so time data will be properly recognized. In the event that an entity has not been mapped, we will present the following warning to give you the chance to enter the missing mappings:
Depending on need and availability, you will either need to enter the missing mappings or you can disable the requirement for an entity to be mapped
As Accounting/Job-Costing application can be flexible in their setup, the steps below may not address all situations but should cover a majority of them. If the steps below do not fit your expectations, please use the "Ask For Help" link at the top of the support site to request further assistance from our product support team.
Mapping An Entity
Mapping can be done a couple of ways depending on the accounting/job-costing application you are using.
Mapping Manually For Applications That Require IDs
- Click on the appropriate mapping button near the top-left of AccountLinx.
- When the mapping window is open, you will see the ExakTime Connect option on the far left. To the right will be a column(s) that will require an ID/Code/Number that will be recognized by your accounting/job-costing application. If you are unsure, the column header will indicate what data is expected to be entered. So, for example, Chris Coleman's ID for his accounting application is CCOLE. This ID is entered here so when the Chris Coleman is exported from AccountLinx, it will use CCOLE for identification.
- When the mappings have been completed, press Save & Close.
Mapping With Integration
For supported applications, AccountLinx can be set to pull any Employee, Location and/or Cost Code IDs for mapping purposes with Integration. After it has been enabled, any entity with missing mappings will become mapped after AccountLinx opens. It will also make it so if the mappings are changed in AccountLinx, it will update the respective ID in ExakTime Connect to ensure the data is consistent between the two.
- Go to Tools and click on Options.
- Click on Integration.
- Enable the integration needed.
- Press Sync Now if all the IDs for the selected options are present in ExakTime Connect. If the ID for an entity in ExakTime Connect is missing/blank, but the entity is mapped within AccountLinx, it will remove the mapping in AccountLinx and be wiped out to match ExakTime Connect.
- Press OK until you return to AccountLinx. The next time you open AccountLinx, your employees, locations, and/or cost codes will already be mapped based on the IDs in ExakTime Connect. If you used the "Sync Now" function mentioned above, then your entities will be mapped based on your IDs in ExakTime Connect already and you will not have to reopen AccountLinx.
Mapping Manually For Applications That Offer Direct Connection
For supported applications such as QuickBooks or Sage 100 MasterBuilder, mapping can be done by associating the ExakTime Connect location with the equivalent directly in QuickBooks or Sage 100. This removes the need to enter information such as IDs/Codes directly.
- Click on the appropriate mapping button in the top left of AccountLinx.
- Select the ExakTime Connect entity on the left-hand side and the equivalent entity on the right-hand side from your Accounting/Job-Costing application. Click Map.
- Once mapped, the Accounting/Job-Costing application entity will appear next to the ExakTime Connect entity.
- Press Save & Close when finished.
Ignoring Mapping Requirements
Some Accounting/Job-Costing applications allow us to export information without any mappings. If this is possible, AccountLinx will have the option to ignore mapping requirements so you can export freely. For our example, we will use the settings for Sage 300 Timberline.
Please note: Even though we can export the time data with no/missing mappings, this does not guarantee that your Accounting/Job-Costing application will accept the information. If your Accounting/Job-Costing application does not accept the information, then you will have to map the entities in AccountLinx, regardless if missing mappings are ignored.
- Go to Tools and click on Exporter Settings.
- Click on Configure.
- In the exporter settings, look for the option of "X Mapping Required." This setting can appear in different spots, depending on the exporter selected. If you cannot find this option, then the Accounting/Job-Costing application requires the information to be mapped in AccountLinx.
- Once finished, press OK until you return to the main page of AccountLinx.