An administrator for ExakTime Connect is a user that would require unrestricted access to ExakTime Connect. There can be any number of administrators and is only limited within ExakTime Connect by the number of employee licenses available. Any person that is interacting with ExakTime in any fashion will consume an employee license, even if they do not track their time.
Only Admins Can Add Admins
Only administrators can add another administrator to ExakTime Connect. The "Administrator" role will not be listed in the drop-down menu for non-administrators.
- Go to Manage and click on Employees.
- If the administrator is already entered as an employee, then A. click the pencil icon to the left of their name. Otherwise, B. click Add Employee at the top and enter the employee's information.
- Scroll down until you reach the security role section and change the Connect Security Role to Administrator. If the employee does not have an email and username, enter them now. It is best to have the username and email match.
- Click Save at the bottom when finished. If the administrator is being set up for ExakTime Connect access for the first time, they will receive an email to confirm the email and to set up their password. This email/link will expire after 72-hours. This verification email can be resent from the employee's profile. If this needs to be done, you can refer to How to Resend a Verification Email
- After the Administrator has been added, you can make any further adjustments to their employee profile such as:
- Viewsets - An employee's viewset determines the employees they can see within the system. By default, any newly added employee can only see themselves/their own data. For more information about updating an employee's viewset, you can refer to the following article.