Any person that will be using ExakTime Connect and/or ExakTime Mobile will need to be added as an employee, from the field workers tracking their time to the administrators that will be managing/reviewing time cards.
Adding Employees in Bulk
If you need to add numerous employees and do not have SyncLinx, then you can import them in bulk with a CSV file. For more information on this process, you can refer to the following article.
- Go to Manage in the Menu bar and click Employees.
- Click Add Employee.
- The "Add Employee" page allows you to enter a wide amount of information for an employee. The minimum requirement for an Employee is their first and last name, all other informational fields are optional and can be updated later.
- If the employee needs access to ExakTime Mobile or ExakTime Connect, you can assign the necessary role and enter any required information (4-10 digit PIN for ExakTime Mobile and/or Email and Username for ExakTime Connect use) in the "ExakTime Mobile and Connect Access" section of the employee profile.
- For additional information about ExakTime Mobile security roles, you can refer to ExakTime Mobile Security Roles Introduction.
- For additional information about ExakTime Connect security roles, you can refer to ExakTime Connect Security Roles Walkthrough.
- Only administrators can add another administrator to ExakTime Connect. The "Administrator" role will not be listed in the drop-down menu for non-administrators.
- When finished, click Save if this is the only employee you will be entering or Save and New if you would like to add another employee.
Unable to Save the Employee?
If the "Save" buttons do not flash/are not clickable, review the employee's profile and confirm that all required information has been entered. The only information we require is listed below:
- Employee first and last name.
- If you have assigned an ExakTime Mobile security role, enter a unique PIN for the employee to use.
- If you have assigned an ExakTime Connect security role, enter a unique username and email for the employee.
After Adding the Employee
- If using ExakTime Mobile - If the employee has been given ExakTime Mobile access, there will be a short delay while the employee's ExakTime Mobile PIN information is automatically prepared for ExakTime Mobile use in the background. After the short delay, the employee should be able to sign in to any copy of ExakTime Mobile.
- If using ExakTime Connect - If the employee does not already have access to ExakTime Connect, they will receive a verification email with their username, a link to verify their email address, and create their password.
- The link in the verification email is valid for 72-hours. If the employee is unable to verify their email address within the 72-hours, you will need to resend the verification email. If you are unsure how to do this, you can refer to How to Resend a Verification Email.
For more information regarding the employee details page, you can refer to the following article.