Keytabs allow your employees to clock in and out of specific Cost Codes on a JobClock.
- To begin, you will be using your Red Keytab Reader. If you do not have a Red Keytab Reader you can reference this article: Adding KeyTabs to ExakTime Connect Without the Keytab Reader
- If you have a Blue Keytab Reader, it is not compatible with ExakTime Connect, but you can contact us by clicking the "Ask for Help" link at the top of the page for further assistance.
The Red Keytab Reader is used to easily input the Keytab Serial Numbers into the required field. The Red Keytab readers plug into your PC using a Mini-USB cable that is included in the packaging. You can use any Mini-USB cables you may already have as well. The Red Keytab reader acts as a 'virtual keyboard' and is compatible with Windows PCs and Mac OS. Once the Red Keytab Reader is plugged into your PC, all you will need to do is press the Keytab to the blue middle plate to read so the Keytab Reader will type out the Keytab's serial number.
The video below shows the Add Keytab action. When using the Red Keytab Reader the serial number will be inputted into the field after you click into the serial number text field and a Keytab is pressed against the reader.
- Connect the Red KeyTab Reader to your computer if not already plugged in.
- Go to Manage in the top menu bar then click on Employees from the menu.
- Find the employee that will be receiving the keytabs and click the Edit icon to the left of the employee name.
- Click on the Keytabs tab.
- Click on Add Keytabs.
- Click into the Serial Number field so the cursor blinks as if you were going to type into this field.
- Press the metal tip of the Keytab into the blue button of the red Keytab Reader.
- The serial number of the Keytab should appear in the text box. Select the appropriate cost code for the Keytab.
- Click Add when satisfied, otherwise click Cancel.
- Repeat this as necessary for any other Keytabs.
- Click Save when satisfied.
Understanding Effective Dates
Whenever a keytab is added/transferred to an employee, it will use the date and time of your computer at the time of adding/transferring to determine the effective date. The effective date is the date and time of when any use of the keytab is associated with the employee it has been added to. The effective date cannot be made earlier than the first time a keytab was added to ExakTime Connect. If the keytab(s) already exist in the system, then you can adjust the effective date, but it cannot be made earlier than the previous effective date.
Unable to save keytab assignments because the save button does not illuminate after adding/transferring Keytabs.
Check the General Tab to ensure all required fields are filled in. If any Security Roles are set to anything other than No Access, either the PIN or Email field will be the issue.
Commonly, if your Exaktime Connect setting is configured to assign a default Exaktime Connect or Exaktime Mobile Security role when adding new employees or importing via SyncLinx, the security roles will automatically assign a role and the PIN or Email fields will be blank. Please either fill in these fields or set the Exaktime Connect and/or Exaktime Mobile Security role to No Access. The Save button will illuminate and you will be able to save the employee profile.
Cannot Delete Keytabs
Keytabs cannot currently be deleted or unassigned from an employee, they can only be assigned to an employee or transferred between employees.