Merge Locations allows you to merge multiple locations into a single location. As locations are added, there may be a chance for duplicates of a location to be added due to different spelling. As employees may select the wrong location, we have added a function that allows you to merge locations into a single one for consolidation. Any locations that were merged into another location will be removed from ExakTime Connect.
Once locations have been merged, they CANNOT be unmerged. Only merge locations if you are absolutely sure it is necessary.
How Merging Locations Impacts Existing Entities
Once your locations have been merged, any of the existing data using those original locations will be updated to the location they were merged into.
- The following items will update their original location(s) to the location that they were merged into:
- Time Records
- Field Notes
- Any pictures associated with an old location will be added to the pictures of the location they were merged into.
- Any cost codes that were viewsetted for an old location(s) will be consolidated into the location they were merged into.
When referring to any previous reporting, take into account any locations merged between the previous reporting and current reporting. As locations are being changed/updated, hours may not appear consistent.
In the screenshot below, the time records are having their original locations updated to the location they were merged into.
Allowing Permission To Merge Locations
To only allow certain users to Merge Locations, you can tailor the ability within Security Roles. Administrators will have permanent access to this by default.
- Go to Manage and click on Security Roles.
- Click on ExakTime Connect.
- Click on the role that should have access or create a new role. Administrators will have the option by default.
- Enable the permission for Merge Locations.
- Press Save when finished.
How to Merge Locations
- Go to Manage and click on Locations.
- Click Merge Locations. A menu will appear to start the process.
- You will select the locations that you want to be merged into another location. Click Next when done.
- You will then select the location that the previously selected locations will be merged into. Press Next when ready.
- You will review the locations that will be merged, the location they will be merged into, and a warning that it cannot be undone. If everything appears correct, click Merge Locations.
- You will receive the following message that your locations are being merged and an email will be sent to the email of the user currently logged in once the locations have been completely merged.