FaceFront photos can be taken when an employee clocks in or out on ExakTime Mobile to confirm their identity.
NOTE: The employee's device must have a front-facing camera.
FaceFront must first be enabled for ExakTime Mobile users in Security Roles.
- To access your Security Roles, go to Manage in the Menu Bar and click Security Roles.
- Select the security role you wish to edit on the left of the screen.
- If the default roles do not fit your need, then you can add a new security role.
- In the list, enable FaceFront for the appropriate user role.
- Click Save. Your employees may need to sync their copies of ExakTime Mobile before they are prompted to take a FaceFront photo.
Assigning the Security Role
If an employee must take a FaceFront photo, they must be assigned the appropriate ExakTime Mobile security role that has FaceFront enabled.
- To assign the role, go to Manage in the Menu bar and click Employees.
- Click the blue pencil icon to the left of an Employee's name.
- In the dropdown menu for ExakTime Mobile, select the appropriate security role with FaceFront enabled and assign a PIN if not entered.
- When satisfied, click Save at the bottom.
When an employee in the appropriate security role clocks in or out, they will by prompted to take a picture using the front facing camera.
NOTE: There are exceptions to FaceFront where an employee will not be prompted to take a FaceFront picture.
- When Clock For is used for an employee by a user with the ability enabled.
- If the device has no front facing camera.
After an employee has clocked in/out and sent in their time record, the FaceFront photo can be reviewed by a ExakTime Connect user in the employees time card by hovering over the small (i) icon next to their start or stop time.
NOTE: If the user has an Android device, the FaceFront photo may not be right side up. If so, you can modify the FaceFront photo rotation from the settings of ExakTime Mobile. Rotate the photo as needed and test the result. Repeat as necessary.