Groups, known as Crews for employee groups, is a feature that allows you to "group up" Employees, Locations, Cost Codes, and/or Equipment for organizational purposes within ExakTime Mobile and Employee Groups/Crews in ExakTime Connect.
Any groups made within ExakTime Connect can be sent to all copies of ExakTime Mobile associated with your account.
If you want use groups for ExakTime Connect, be aware that only Employee Groups are used in ExakTime Connect for Employee Viewsets. Location, Cost Code, and Equipment Groups are not used anywhere in ExakTime Connect, outside of the Groups page.
Table of Contents
- Enabling Groups for ExakTime Mobile
- Navigating to Groups & Menu Overview
- How Groups Are Used in Exaktime Connect
- How ExakTime Mobile Users Will See Groups
Creating Crews/Groups on ExakTime Mobile
If you are interested in letting ExakTime Mobile users create their own crews/groups, you can refer to How to Create Crews/Groups In ExakTime Mobile.
Enabling Groups for ExakTime Mobile
The option to show ExakTime Mobile groups must first be enabled from ExakTime Connect under Company Settings.
- Go to
- Click the
- Check the checkbox for "Show employee, location, cost code, and equipment groups in ExakTime Mobile"
- Click when finished.
Navigating to Groups & Menu Overview
Go tothen click .
- Groups Tabs - Tabs for the respective type of entity groups.
- Group drop-down menu - Drop-down menu to select the group to view and modify.
- Edit Group Name - Edit the name of the group.
- Show this group in ExakTime Mobile - For the group to appear on ExakTime Mobile, this checkbox must be checked for the group.
- Add X Group - Add a new group for the selected entity type.
- Delete Selected Group
- Search for an entity.
- A list of entities that can be added to the group. The checkbox is used on the far-left to add/remove it to the group.
Adding a Group
- Enter the name for the group that will be shown to ExakTime Mobile users.
- Use the checkboxes for the entity/entities that should appear for the group. Any additions/removals of entities to a group will be automatically saved.
- Any additions/removals of entities to a group will be automatically saved.
- After the group has been finalized, use the checkbox next to "Show this group in ExakTime Mobile".
- Your employees will need to sync their copies of ExakTime Mobile to see any new groups.
Editing a Group
- Click the entity tab of the group you want to edit.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the crew to edit.
- Edit the name of the group and/or add/remove entities to the selected group. Any additions/removals to a group will be automatically saved.
- Your employees will need to sync their copies of ExakTime Mobile to see any edits to a group.
Deleting a Group
- Click the tab of the group that you want to delete.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the group to edit.
- Click Delete Selected Group.
- Confirm the deletion of the group.
- Your employees will need to sync their copies of ExakTime Mobile from the group to be removed from their view.
Show/Stop Showing a Group on Exaktime Mobile
- Click the tab of the group that you want to show on ExakTime Mobile.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the group to show/not show.
- Check/uncheck the checkbox for "Show this group in ExakTime Mobile."
- Your employees will need to sync their copies of ExakTime Mobile from the group to be added/removed from their view.
How Groups Are Used in Exaktime Connect
For ExakTime Connect, only employee groups can be used and will only be available for Employee Viewsets. Employee Viewsets can restrict an employee to only view/interact with employees of specified employee groups. This allows you to quickly update multiple employees' viewsets by updating an employee group, instead of having to update each individual employee's viewset.
For more information about employee viewsets, you can refer to the following article: Employee Viewsets
How ExakTime Mobile Users Will See Groups
When using ExakTime Mobile, employees will see the group names first when making a selection. Upon selecting a group, they can choose from the entities belonging to the selected group.
After a selection has been made, ExakTime Mobile will use "sticky groups" to show the last used group for the next clock in to speed up the process. To no longer view a "sticky group", the employee can back out of the group to view the overall list of groups. When they select a different group, that will be their new "sticky group" until they back out of it.
Special Considerations for Employee Groups and Employee Viewsets
For ExakTime Mobile 2.63 or Lower
When trying to viewing employee groups and an employee has an employee viewset to view other employees, employee groups will ignore employee viewsets and will show the user all the employees in that group, even if they are not part of their viewset.
For ExakTime Mobile 2.64 or Later
Employees can only view employee groups made in Exaktime Connect that they have been explicitly set to view or if they are able to see all employees. If an employee's viewset is set to "Selected Employees Only" or "Specific Employees", they will not be able to view any employee groups made on ExakTime Connect.
Cost Code Groups