Custom Fields in ExakTime allow you to create your own data fields to associate with your entities.
For example, a location could have a custom field for "Zip Code" to better denote where a location is when reviewing time cards.
Custom Fields are currently only used for entity lists such as the Employee, Location, Cost Code, Equipment, and Expenses Lists, and for the Time Card Details page.
We offer some default custom fields such as "Job Type" for Locations that are used for Certified Job reports.
Setting Up Custom Fields
- Go to Manage and go to Custom Fields.
- Click on Add.
- Set Up Your Custom Field.
- Enter a name for your custom field and what entity it should be associated with.
- Specify the type of custom field:
- Free form text - Allows you to enter any text for the custom field.
- List - Specify what options are available to use with the custom field.
- Click Save when finished. The new custom field will appear in your list.
Assigning Your Custom Fields
- Go to the section that you will be using the custom field and click the edit icon to the left.
- Click the Custom Fields tab.
- Find the custom field that you created and select/enter the appropriate information depending on the type of custom field.
- Free Form Text - Enter the information needed.
- List - Select the information from the list.
- Save your changes.
Using Custom Fields With Lists
- In your employee, location, or cost code list, click the column manager button to the right.
- Click and drag the custom field and move it towards the columns to the left, or to the "Group By" section towards the top.
- Group By
Using Custom Fields With Time Cards
If you would like to include Custom Fields in the columns of your Time Card Details page, you can refer to Viewing Custom Fields In Time Cards