ExakTime Forms allows you to have users/employees answer questions when clocking in or out for the day and collect that date for further review in ExakTime Connect.
The default mobile forms currently offered are the following:
- A set of COVID-19 screening questions when beginning the day. (Added in 2020)
- "Were you injured on the job today?"
- "Did you take all of your meals and breaks?"
Table of Contents
- Enabling ExakTime Mobile Forms
- What Employees Do
- Reviewing Mobile Form Responses
- Editing ExakTime Mobile Form Responses
Enabling ExakTime Mobile Forms
- Go to Manage then click Company Settings.
- Click the Other tab.
- The option for ExakTime Forms will be near the bottom.
- Each option has a check box for which option you would like to ask your employees.
- If you do not see the options or see a message indicating that you have a customer ExakTime Mobile Form, you will need to speak to your account manager to make any further adjustments to your existing customer ExakTime Mobile Form.
- After you have selected the appropriate options, click Save at the bottom.
- After any changes are made, your employees will see the questions after they sync their ExakTime Mobile device.
What Employees Experience
The employees will see the Mobile Form prompts. They would simply need to answer/enter the necessary information into the given fields. The data will only be recorded if the employee completes the process.
Reviewing Mobile Form Responses
After employees have answered the prompts, their responses can be reviewed in various ways within ExakTime Connect.
Via ExakTime Forms Viewer
- Go to Tools in the top menu bar, then go to ExakTime Forms Viewer.
- Your employee responses can be seen as shown. The date range can be changed if needed to show only responses from this month, today, this week, the last two weeks, or all responses.
Via Time Cards
- Go to Time Cards and go to Time Card Details.
- Specify the date range you will be adding time for.
- Click the employee that will be receiving time from the employee list to the left.
- Click the form icon for the time record that should have the mobile form data. If the time record does not have any mobile form data, make sure that you are looking at the appropriate time record and/or you have not deleted the time record that has the associated mobile form data.
- The Mobile Form menu will show the employee's responses.
The Employee ExakTime Forms Report displays the employee responses to ExakTime forms without the need to thumb through the time cards. The report can also be printed or saved in a digital format.
- Click Reports from the menu bar.
- Click ExakTime Forms Report from the left-hand menu under the Employee heading.
- Choose a date range to pull and adjust the formatting as needed. Included with this report are some Report Specific Options that help further refine the report before viewing.
- Show Employee ID - Have employees' IDs appear on the report
- Show Location ID - Show location IDs on the report
- Show Cost Code ID - Display cost code IDs on the report
- Sort By - Sort the included employees by their names or IDs
- Display Question As - Choose to show the full questions or just the summarized name of the question on the report (e.g. "Were you injured at work today?" vs. "Injured" )
- Include responses associated with deleted time records - Choose to have any responses that are tied to previously delete records show on the report
- Hide Signature images - choose whether or not the employee signatures show on the report
- Show each employee on a separate page - Have the report only show one employee per page
- Click View Report to generate the report based on your parameters. An example of this report can be seen below:
For more information regarding the generation of reports, you can refer to Reports Walkthrough
Viewing Responses on Time Cards as Columns
Viewing ExakTime Mobile Form responses on your Time Card Details allows you to quickly view employees' responses while reviewing their time cards.
Turning On Mobile Form Responses For Time Cards
- Go to Manage and click on Company Settings.
- Click on Optional Features.
- Enable "Mobile Form Responses on Time Card Views."
- Click Save at the bottom.
Select The Mobile Form Responses To Appear In Time Cards
- Go to Tools and click on Time Card Form Response Selector.
- Select the form to show the questions available.
- Check the box to the left of the Mobile Form questions that you want displayed
- Any changes done are saved automatically.
Adding Mobile Form Responses To Your Time Card
- Go to Time Card and click Time Card Details.
- Click the Column Manager button.
- Click and drag the mobile form question from the Hide to the Show column.
- Mobile Form columns have a green bar in the column Manager.
Editing ExakTime Mobile Form Responses
In the event that an employee answered their ExakTime Mobile Forms incorrectly (e.g. user error), an administrator or user with appropriate permissions can edit the responses from the Time Card Details page. At this time, Mobile Form responses can only be edited from ExakTime Connect.
Granting Permission to View/Edit Responses
For non-Administrators, they will need to be given permission to view and/or edit Mobile Form Responses.
- Go to Manage and click on Security Roles.
- Click on the ExakTime Connect tab.
- Select or add the role that will be given permission.
- Select the appropriate level of access for Mobile Form Responses on Time Cards.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
How to Edit Mobile Form Responses
To the left of a time record will be the Mobile Forms icon .
Clicking the icon will show the Mobile Forms menu where you can adjust the responses as needed. Once the responses have been adjusted, press Save.